PDA

View Full Version : Computer programme for OPS

Guy Etchells
26-01-2005, 1:00 PM
I have just come across a very useful programme for One Place Studies it is called Community Express and at first glance seems to be able to do everything a OPS requires.

As the blurb says
"Community Express is a database system for anthropological genealogy, community census, health surveillance support, and the demographics of small populations on the Windows platform."
Cheers
Guy

Fulhamster
24-08-2005, 1:58 PM
I have just come across a very useful programme for One Place Studies it is called Community Express and at first glance seems to be able to do everything a OPS requires.

As the blurb says
"Community Express is a database system for anthropological genealogy, community census, health surveillance support, and the demographics of small populations on the Windows platform."
Cheers
Guy

Hiya Guy,
It would appear that they have a new version of this program available for download. I have not used it myself, I was just running through my old 'Quick links'. It may be of use to someone!

patlowe
03-09-2007, 4:33 AM
Have any of you ever used Community Express for a study of one village? If so, please tell me your experience with it. I tried to download it but it said it was temporarily unavailable.

It was probably due to my lack of experience, but the programs I usually use are very intuitive.....and I am having trouble with this one from the get go....doesn't bode well.

thanks
Pat

ChristineR
03-09-2007, 6:20 AM
Hey Pat,

nothing to do with the thread subject - but you should take your email address out of your message - else it it will get picked up by spam robots. :eek:

You can allow email contact in your user profile.

Christine :)

BeeE586
03-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Thank you for this, Guy and Fulhamstar. For several years I have been intending to do a profile of my birth village where I have lines going back to c1500. I will study this programme and see if it serves the purpose.

Eileen

ahcoles
09-09-2007, 4:55 AM
I'd be interested to take a look at this program as well. I've sent an email to them to find out what's going on re the downloads as they have obviously taken it offline for some reason [UPDATE - the download is now enabled again, and I've sucessfully installed it].

Alex