PDA

View Full Version : whats happened to the igi

susyswan
13-10-2008, 8:47 AM
hello . what has happened to the igi. i have tried to get on to the site but all i get is rootsweb telling me the page has been moved. can any one explain.

Sue Mackay
13-10-2008, 9:01 AM
I have had no problem just now

spanish senora
13-10-2008, 9:06 AM
I was there yesterday all ok I enter under family search.org

susyswan
13-10-2008, 9:08 AM
Hello i have typed in counties in england which i always use and all i get is rootsweb saying the page has moved or is no longer available.

Lesley Robertson
13-10-2008, 9:11 AM
Hello i have typed in counties in england which i always use and all i get is rootsweb saying the page has moved or is no longer available.

The IGI is here, and working fine.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=igi/search_IGI.asp&clear_form=true

Are you talking about something else?
Lesley

Nanna*Moon
13-10-2008, 9:25 AM
I can search for names, but I can't get Batch numbers up. I get the directed to the Roots web page too

Ladkyis
13-10-2008, 10:26 AM
I think you are referring to Hugh Wallis's website that give the batch numbers and other information about IGI. There has been a problem caused by hackers and the site has been pulled by Rootsweb.

We all hope this is a tempoorary measure but it might be an idea to go to Rootsweb's homepage and click on the "help" button in the top right of the screen and then click on "Email Rootsweb support".
You can then send an email asking when the pages will be put back.

MarkJ
13-10-2008, 11:56 AM
hello . what has happened to the igi. i have tried to get on to the site but all i get is rootsweb telling me the page has been moved. can any one explain.

You are not trying to access the IGI - I think you mean the Hugh Wallis Batch Numbers site.
The IGI is still there but Hugh's site is currently down as Ladkyis has said. There is a very long thread on the forum about that if you want to see the background to the issues involved in the Batch Numbers site being taken offline for now.

Mark