PDA

View Full Version : George Hardman b1813?? died ???

mikebannister
26-01-2005, 1:08 AM
George Hardman was the father of children from at least two marriages. The second in 1859 to Anne Calland. He had a daughter Lucy Hardman who would have been two at the time of that marriage and we have been unable to discover if Lucy was Ann Calland's daughter or the daughter of his first wife. This is because we are unable to find a birth certificate for Lucy or a marriage certificate for George's first marriage.

George's second marriage took place at Medbury on 26 February 1859
If anyone out there can help it would be appreciated
Mike & Jocelyn
Albury
NSW

Wirral
07-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Hi Mike
George & Ann are in Newton, Lancashire at the 1861 census (Godley cum Newton, RG9/2992 page 42 folio79
George Hardman, head, 48, cotton worker, Yorkshire Bradford
Ann, wife, 39, Lancashire Worsley
John, son, 13, cotton piecer, Lancashire, Ashton under Lyne
Peter, son, 7, scholar, Cheshire, Hyde
Lucy, dau, 6, scholar, Cheshire, Hyde

Lucy & peter's births are listed on www.cheshirebmd.org.uk .George's 1st marriage may well have been in Lancashire.
The IGI lists a christening of a Lucy to George Hardman & Eliza on 25th May 1856 at St George's, Hyde, Cheshire.

mikebannister
08-05-2005, 1:35 AM
Thanks again,
I have sent for that Birth certificate and also place a request for an 1851 Census lookup for George in the Lancs RootsWeb List, Will also post on the Lancs forum. This could be the breakthrough I have been working toward
I have 1861 CD's for Cheshire Lancs and London (this one still on its way) If I can reciprocate very happy to do so
Regards
Mike Bannister
Albury Australia