PDA

View Full Version : Percy Lathy's French connection

Tinker
11-10-2008, 10:09 AM
I've scuttled from the Brickwall section to here in the hope that someone can point me in the right direction. My cousin's great-uncle Percy Lathy, born Tillington, Sussex, 1874, was reputed to have had an affair with a French dancing girl at some stage, to the horror of his family, and we're trying to confirm whether or not this was true, and whether there were any children of this supposed union. We do know he never married.

We've established that he travelled a great deal in his career as Lepidopterist, and that he definitely lived and worked in France for some years. A passenger manifest for the Minnetonka, July 1928, when Percy sailed to New York, gives the following details:
Immigration visa no.: 2656, Transit Cert. date: 27 June 1928, issued Paris. Last permanent residence: Paris, France.

In a list of members given in 'Annals of the Entomological Society of America, Vol. 29, Number 1,' dated March 1936, Percy's address is given as '90 Boulevard Malesherbes, Paris, France.'

I'd really appreciate any advice on how to find out the info I'm after, as I've no idea what's available on the 'other' side of the Channel, in the way of records, etc.

Procat
11-10-2008, 10:53 AM
As this is a duplicate of the thread (http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36297) in Brickwalls I am locking this to avoid duplication of effort.

If you can assist Tinker please post in the linked thread.

Thanks,