PDA

View Full Version : Travelling - Smith, Nottinghamshire

Penny Gallo
06-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Just to let anyone searching this theme, my father took a photograph of a Polly Smith, her husband and one of the kids in their 2-horse-drawn caravan travelling along Berry Hill Lane, Mansfield in about 1961. I have recently posted this on "www.picturethepast.org.uk" which is a marvellous site devoted to mostly old photographs of Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.

I've not had this laptop long, and I can't make the photo link to this page - |oopsredfa

Hopefully though, someone may find this useful.

Jan1954
06-10-2008, 11:00 AM
I've not had this laptop long, and I can't make the photo link to this page.
If you follow the instructions in Mary's post here (http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30819), you should be able to do it. ;)

Penny Gallo
06-10-2008, 5:27 PM
Thanks Jan for the bucketshop tip. I'll have to wait until I can take my digital camera up to my Mum's as I gave the original photo back to her after I let the picturethepast team copy it for their website. It can be accessed now by anyone logging on to the website - yep, and I don't even know how to highlight a website in my thread! Doh!

babygirl101
06-10-2008, 6:02 PM
Just to let anyone searching this theme, my father took a photograph of a Polly Smith, her husband and one of the kids in their 2-horse-drawn caravan travelling along Berry Hill Lane, Mansfield in about 1961. I have recently posted this on "www.picturethepast.org.uk" which is a marvellous site devoted to mostly old photographs of Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.

I've not had this laptop long, and I can't make the photo link to this page - |oopsredfa

Hopefully though, someone may find this useful.

WOW, Penny this site is amazing, so many places I remember from my childhood. Thank you so much for sharing this with everyone.

BG|jumphappy

babygirl101
06-10-2008, 6:29 PM
Just another thought, I'm sure it would be worth posting the link onto the Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire forums, people would love to see the pictures.

BG

Neil Wilson
06-10-2008, 6:32 PM
WOW, Penny this site is amazing, so many places I remember from my childhood. Thank you so much for sharing this with everyone.

BG|jumphappyThere is another good one for Notts and Derbys, 'photo ark'. Only saying this as I have a couple on there. Also the owners are Wilson's but no relation of mine. Did have the paperwork for picture the past but due to a house move never got round to it.

SearchingSadler
05-01-2009, 7:33 PM
ooh strangely enough I have a James (Jim) Smith who comes from Romanies, he was born in the 20's I think so not sure he'd be one of the children.

Not sure what his mum/dads name was, I will ask him. I do know that when his dad died they burnt him inside the caravan and his mum had to be rehoused.