PDA

View Full Version : PRATT family - Leighton Buzzard Census?

smithy
22-01-2005, 5:40 PM
Hi All,

According to 1881, 1891 and 1901 my Amos Pratt born abt 1868 came from Leighton Buzzard. Parents were Thomas and Sarah both born 1835/6 Leighton Buzzard. IGI has Sarah as a Pratt to Francis and Thomas was son to Edward. On the IGI there are acouple of possibilities for Francis and Edward.

Any help on the PRATT family appreciated - especially earlier cenus.

Thanks

Sarah

Aragina
22-01-2005, 7:10 PM
Amos Pratt 3 Leighton, , Son Leighton Buzzard
Francis Pratt 8 Leighton, Son Leighton Buzzard Scholar
Maria Pratt 60 Leighton, Mother Leighton Buzzard In reciept of Parochial
Mary A Pratt 11 Leighton, Daughter Leighton Buzzard Plaiter
Sarah A Pratt 35 Leighton, Wife Leighton Buzzard Plaiter
Thomas Pratt 35 Leighton, Head Leighton Buzzard Railway Lab

Have visably checked the Census and the Mothers name is Mary A

Civil parish: Leighton Buzzard
County/Island: Bedfordshire

Street address: Mill Road

Source information: RG10/1561
Registration district: Leighton Buzzard
Sub-registration district: Leighton Buzzard
ED, institution, or vessel: 6
Folio: 70
Page: 21 (click to see others on page

I think looking at this as Thomas's mother being Mary that his christening is going to be

THOMAS PRATT
Male
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 24 JUN 1837 All Saints, Leighton Buzzard, Bedford, England
Parents:
Father: FRANCIS PRATT
Mother: MARY

Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:

J003603 1813 - 1866 1279144 Film 6905873 Film

Sheet: 00

Regards

Aragina

smithy
23-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Many thanks for your kind help with the census data and IGI information.

Very much appreciated.

Sarah

pauleyre
27-01-2006, 9:13 PM
if it helps there was(and still is) a PRATT family in the village of NORTHALL about 3 miles from Leighton Buzzard.these might be from a different family tree but who knows.i grew up in the village with a boy called Michael Derek Pratt and his sister Susan.
Paul.

cdsearch
28-01-2006, 2:50 AM
Hello.

The 'PRATT' family are well documented in Leighton Buzzard, going back to 1591 with almost 100 burial references to 1851 at All Saints.

Mike.

smithy
31-08-2006, 8:39 PM
Hi Mike,

Been going through my old messages as I have only just discovered how you can access them - not very good with computers. I see you mentioned that PRATT name is mentioned 100+ in the burials at Leighton Buzzard. Very interested in this as the IGI only have births/baptisms and marriages. Have tried to put families together with this and census data but never easy, especially as the IGI is not always to be trusted. An help with burials would be great.

Thanks

Sarah

PamG
01-09-2006, 3:51 PM
Hi Sarah,

The 1841, 1851 and 1861 Censuses for Leighton Buzzard can be found at the website Leighton-Linslade Past Times. This is a great website for background on Leighton Buzzard also. My ancestors (Birdsey) came from Leighton Buzzard, and I have been using it a lot.

Regards,

Pam

smithy
01-09-2006, 6:47 PM
Hi Pam,

The site is brilliant - this is where I gained my initial Pratt census data.

Thanks

Sarah

mellybird
29-03-2011, 4:02 AM
Hi Pam,

I'm originally from St.Thomas and my maiden name is Birdsey. Are we perhaps related? I'd love to hear more about your family research on the Birdsey family.

Thanks!
Melanie

Hi Sarah,

The 1841, 1851 and 1861 Censuses for Leighton Buzzard can be found at the website Leighton-Linslade Past Times. This is a great website for background on Leighton Buzzard also. My ancestors (Birdsey) came from Leighton Buzzard, and I have been using it a lot.

Regards,

Pam