PDA

View Full Version : ACKERMAN GALLERIES 408 S. Michigan Ave Chicago

Joanna1
18-09-2008, 2:40 PM
Dear fellow members,

Has anyone heard of Ackerman Galleries 408 s. Michigan Ave Chicago? The place probably does not exist any more but the Ackerman Gallery quite possibly does somewhere. In the mid 1930’s my grandmother exhibited her unusual Tapestries there. I would like to get in touch with the Ackerman Galleries does anyone know how?
Also she did exhibit at W. Russell Button Gallery 408 S. Michigan av., along with Alphonse J. Shelton ‘surge’ who won gold medal.
Does anyone know how I can track down any of my grandmothers pictures her name was Mrs.Clytie Weaver. Thank you kindly in anticipation Joanna

Sandyhall
19-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Dear fellow members,

Has anyone heard of Ackerman Galleries 408 s. Michigan Ave Chicago? The place probably does not exist any more but the Ackerman Gallery quite possibly does somewhere. In the mid 1930’s my grandmother exhibited her unusual Tapestries there. I would like to get in touch with the Ackerman Galleries does anyone know how?
Also she did exhibit at W. Russell Button Gallery 408 S. Michigan av., along with Alphonse J. Shelton ‘surge’ who won gold medal.
Does anyone know how I can track down any of my grandmothers pictures her name was Mrs.Clytie Weaver. Thank you kindly in anticipation Joanna

Hi
You have the address for both gallery's you could try writing a letter to them, put a return address on it, if it comes back you know its not their anymore.
Be logical about this nothing ventured nothing gained.
sandy

Waitabit
19-09-2008, 9:42 PM
From Cousin in Chicago today,

[ Neither Ackerman Galleries nor W. Russel Button Gallery are now in the Chicago area but I did find an Ackerman Gallery in Hawai (check internet). I have just registered for BG Forum, it looks a likely site to find more data, thanks. ]

>...<

Joanna1
21-09-2008, 6:49 AM
Hi
You have the address for both gallery's you could try writing a letter to them, put a return address on it, if it comes back you know its not their anymore.
Be logical about this nothing ventured nothing gained.
sandy Thanks Sandy, it was so long ago now back in the 1940's Clytie Exhibited.
I wrote to another address I had it was returned address unknown. But really wondered if the Gallery exsisted elswhere? Thanks anyway Joanna

Joanna1
21-09-2008, 7:23 AM
From Cousin in Chicago today,

[ Neither Ackerman Galleries nor W. Russel Button Gallery are now in the Chicago area but I did find an Ackerman Gallery in Hawai (check internet). I have just registered for BG Forum, it looks a likely site to find more data, thanks. ]

>...<

Thanks Wendy I have done this and sent an email I await to see what comes back. Thanks again Joanna