PDA

View Full Version : Two way writings

Joanna1
18-09-2008, 2:10 PM
I have very old letters from an ancestor that are written one way and then the other to save on paper I believe the paper is very thin but quite strong. I can't read them. If I scan them in would a member be able to tell me what they say? I have not got them with me so it will be a few months before I am in the place where they are, but I am interested to know what they say. Kind regards Joanna

busyglen
18-09-2008, 2:38 PM
Hi Joanna,

I am sure that there are many people here who are very willing to have a bash, so go ahead when you are able.

Glenys

Jan1954
18-09-2008, 7:19 PM
If I scan them in would a member be able to tell me what they say? If you have a look at the instructions in Mary's post here (http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30819), it will explain how best to do this.

Sue Mackay
18-09-2008, 9:55 PM
Having transcribed several thousand letters written to the Colonial Office in 1819 by people wanting to emigrate to the Cape of Good Hope, I came across a few crossed letters, and even one that was 'doubled crossed' (horizontal, vertical and diagonal). It was actually easier to read on the computer. You could enlarge it to fill the screen, mentally block out the lines going the other way, then flip the image.

Mutley
18-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Joanna, you have nothing to lose , only a little bit of your time, by trying the members here on the forum.

You have a lot to gain, if they succeed.

Please give them a try, they are very willing and some are more than able.