PDA

View Full Version : hetherington help!!!

cirstybewick
16-09-2008, 8:22 PM
hello
i was wondering if you may beable to help trace a lady of the name margaret hetherington who lived at 365 sackville st, toronto in in 1923.

this is a very important piece to my very large puzzle!!!!
i desparetly need to know if this was her madien name or married name or what her madien name was.

i hope someone may beable to help as i am just stuck and don't know where to look, margaret hetherington is the key!!!

kind regards
cirsty

Procat
17-09-2008, 9:33 AM
Hi Cirsty,

Do you when she was born?

cirstybewick
17-09-2008, 10:53 AM
hello
it seams i have found the missing link to this puzzle, this lady margaret hetherington had a brother george fletcher he married my great grandmother ada lilian davies or so they said.
my grandfather (ada's son) had said for years that he was not a true fletcher and took the story to he's grave but me being noisey lol had to find out the truth for my mother.

ada lilian davies married my great grandfather william albert fletcher 1912
william died in the ww1 1915 they had a son albert william and a daughter ethel.

ada meet george and they moved to canada then thay had a son ( living)
then moved to america where they lived there lives.

i got george's death cert this morning and my grandafather was right all along george was not a true fletcher he's name was george barker born 1894 in spenymore durham.

so that why there was no birth for a george fletcher nor a marriage between ada and george!!!

so now i need to find out why he changed he's name??
but at last we all know the truth!!!

cirsty

Procat
17-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Well done Cirsty,

It has been a big effort to find this out.

Now you are ready to move onto another brickwall.:)

cirstybewick
17-09-2008, 11:29 AM
hi
yes another brickwall lol, think i will leave this line alone foe awhile and get the rest of the family up to date and then come back and do some more digging lol
i am just so glad that i have been able to get this infomation, i have to say a big thankyou to amy form random acts of genealogical kindness she went to the michigan office and collected this information for me.

see ya all later
|jumphappy

cirsty