PDA

View Full Version : FreeReg Leicestershire

Grandadron
09-09-2008, 5:27 PM
Hello All

I would just like to introduce myself to this Forum having recently been installed as the Co-ordinator for LEI.

My details should appear on the County page after the next update, but in the mean time I can be contacted at [email protected].

The County page is being updated, although there are only a few parishes loaded at the present time

Thanks to the generosity of Guy Etchells and Elizabeth Lord we have donated transcripts to work on, totalling well over 20,000 names. This brings me to my first appeal; I need the assistance of a knowledgeable person to convert these files to the FreeREG Format, any help would be very much appreciated.

If anyone else has source material for LEI that they are willing to donate please let me know.
For anyone researching ancestors in LEI please contact me, I will help if I can.

Ron Freeston

busyglen
09-09-2008, 5:49 PM
Good luck Ron! Glad your perseverance paid off. :)

Glenys

Grandadron
09-09-2008, 6:13 PM
Thanks Glenys

Mutley
09-09-2008, 7:54 PM
Glad to see you finally achieved.

Good Luck and Thank you.

I admire all transcribers enormously, where would we be if you did not offer your time.

Though email address links are normally edited, this one has been set up specifically and is OK. Hope you get lots of responses.

Grandadron
10-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Hi Mutley

Many thanks for your comments

Ron

Gill Hart
10-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Hi Ron,

I am the OPC for Lockington, Kegworth and Castle Donington and will be starting to transcribe their registers once I've finished my Cornish parish of St Erme. I'm quite happy to share my transcriptions with FreeReg if you can let me know which format/fields you need. I currently enter all my transcriptions into Microsoft Access so it is easy to export to whatever format is needed.

It won't be a quick process I'm afraid as I shall be doing the transcriptions from microfiche which means I can only do them in the evenings/weekends (I work full time) and like most other people I have to fit family history around the the current family but I'll get there eventually!

Let me know if I can help.

Kind regards
Gill

Grandadron
12-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Hello Gill

Many thanks for offering to donate your files to the Leicester FreeReg pages, Your offer is very much appreciated. and time does not matter, we all have other responsibilities and interests to pursue. I have been told that either the formats you mentioned would be easy to convert.

Regards

Ron