PDA

View Full Version : parish record Gloucestershire

GloucsYeates
30-08-2008, 8:46 PM
|banghead| Hi there my fellow geneologists,
I have a problem which I know probably will never be solved.
I am looking for anyone from Gloucester who has the time to look up a birth for me.
I am looking for a Richard Hall Yates baptised 1796 Shipton Sollars illiegitimate mother Eliz yates Father unknown.
I have a copy of the original but not of the opposite page which could have more info about the father, a name or place of abode will do.
The opposite page apparently could hold more info i have been told. I live too far away to go and find out myself.
I have been stuck at this stage for 4 years and am extremely frustrated.
Hope some one can help,
Thanks ,
Dave.

Andrew Mead
31-08-2008, 6:58 AM
I would try the Gloucestershire Forum direct, rather than this on which is for general comments on parish registers, or ask the Gloucestershire Records Office (Google should find them, or somewhere on the Glos Forum)

Dorset Girl
31-08-2008, 7:21 AM
Hi Dave,
Gloucester records for searching are at http://ww3.gloucestershire.gov.uk/genealogy/Search.aspx. They are pretty helpful and a fairly good website.
Good Luck, Marion

GloucsYeates
31-08-2008, 7:27 PM
Hi Dorset Girl,
Thankyou for your reply and help with my problem.
I'm afraid that I already have the records you found for 1800 Yates', and it states that they were from Oxfordshire and that Elizabeth and Richard were married.
But thankyou anyway.
Dave.|help|

Debdenewbie
27-09-2008, 12:27 AM
Hi DorsetGirl,
Just found this thread, tried the link, and found a reference to one of my names ... but where can I go from here? Is there any way of viewing the record, perhaps using the reference number I found?

Regards,
Deb

ChristineR
27-09-2008, 5:49 AM
Hi DorsetGirl,
Just found this thread, tried the link, and found a reference to one of my names ... but where can I go from here? Is there any way of viewing the record, perhaps using the reference number I found?

Regards,
Deb

Dorset Girl might not see this, since this was not her own thread :)

This is the page from the Record Office which explains what to do next. They will probably respond to email questions.
http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleID=1335

Dorset Girl
28-09-2008, 9:04 AM
Hi Deb,
Sorry - did not see your reply - was in bed with delightful temperature! Christine has answered your query I imagine - I found the reference number I required and then downloaded the form required and sent off for the paperwork - it came very quickly.
Marion

Debdenewbie
29-09-2008, 6:02 AM
Hello Christine and Marion, and thank you for the pointers: - have sent an e-mail to enquire, and hopefully will soon know whether the brick wall stands or crumbles~~!

Regards
Deb