PDA

View Full Version : The Buffs

lainey
16-01-2005, 3:41 PM
I am hoping for information on the movements of my fathers regiment THE BUFFS,he was a long serving soldier and we never talked much about the war.I know they were called the Forgotten Army and he served his war years in Burma/Malaya.I have his army number but no other details,I bought a couple of books in the hope I could find out their movements but they mentioned mostly American troops.To some this may sound a silly request but my father passed away several years ago and apart from a couple of sketches he drew whilst in action this is all I have of his war years and I know they made a severe impact on his life.
Many Thanks,
Elaine

Geoffers
16-01-2005, 4:18 PM
I am hoping for information on the movements of my fathers regiment THE BUFFS,he was a long serving soldier and we never talked much about the war.I know they were called the Forgotten Army and he served his war years in Burma/Malaya.I have his army number but no other details,I bought a couple of books in the hope I could find out their movements but they mentioned mostly American troops.To some this may sound a silly request but my father passed away several years ago and apart from a couple of sketches he drew whilst in action this is all I have of his war years and I know they made a severe impact on his life.
You might try the regimental museum:
http://www.canterbury.gov.uk/cgi-bin/buildpage.pl?mysql=601

Buffs Regimental Museum
The Royal Museum & Art Gallery
18, High Street
Canterbury CT1 2RA
Tel. 01227 452747

Also, The Naval and Military Press have a very large range of books, covering the histories of many regiments

There is a website for the Royal East Kent Regiment which may give some useful information:

Geoffers
Charlbury, Oxfordshire

lainey
16-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Thank you very much for your help it is much appreciated,and I shall getting in touch immediately.