PDA

View Full Version : Lander of Crawford John

Joan Daniell
16-01-2005, 4:27 AM
My husbands mother was born in Crawfordjohn 1903, her parents William Lander and Lillias Moffat who were married by declaration in Glasgow in 1898. I am looking for William's birth,I think his parents were Samuel Lander and Mary Dowdie (not sure of spelling).I cannot find anything on the Lander side , have tried the web site Scotlands People but no luck.Could anyone help me please?

Jowin
Queensland Australia

sally
16-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Hi Jowin

If you found the marriage on Scotlands people did you download the image? The certificate would give you the names of both sets of parents including each of their mother's maiden names & father's occupations.

Sally

Joan Daniell
17-01-2005, 1:48 AM
Hi Sally,
Have downloaded marriage for William & Lillias but cannot get any further, as cannot find a birth or marriage for Samuel. Found an illegitamate daughter, Agnes, for Samuel Lander and Mary Dowdie but the only birth I can find is for Mary, she would have been 14 when William was born and 7 for Agnes so can't be the same person. The Moffat side is no trouble, I don't think that the Landers liked putting pen to paper.
Thanks for answering

Jowin