PDA

View Full Version : Bowring and Stevens

keith1948
25-08-2008, 1:41 PM
Hello All
I am trying to trace my GGG father.The father of Levi Stevens born in 1827 at
Church Knowle near Corfe Castle. In the parish register only his mother Jane Stevens is named. I assume the birth was out of wedlock is there anyway of finding the father. Levi later in life became a foreman at a brick factory in Radipole Weymouth and had a large family. are there any other descendants out there.

billysax
25-08-2008, 2:19 PM
Regarding Bowring and Stevens in or around Weymouth. Have you visited the Dorset Online Parish Clerk project ? Lots of Parish records, including Weymouth and Melcombe Regis ,freely available,going backas far as 1618.
Just had a quick look myself and found a couple of Bowring baptisms 1872 1876, just in a couple of minutes. Give it a try, may be well worth it. Good luck, Billy. ;)

keith1948
26-08-2008, 5:33 PM
Many thanks Billysax I will the sites you suggested,
Regards
Keith

keith1948
30-08-2008, 9:17 AM
Regarding Bowring and Stevens in or around Weymouth. Have you visited the Dorset Online Parish Clerk project ? Lots of Parish records, including Weymouth and Melcombe Regis ,freely available,going backas far as 1618.
Just had a quick look myself and found a couple of Bowring baptisms 1872 1876, just in a couple of minutes. Give it a try, may be well worth it. Good luck, Billy. ;)

Hi billysax
I found a couple visiting your suggested sites.
Many thanks
Keith.