PDA

View Full Version : Fairfax of Swarby Lincs

Annieh
10-10-2004, 5:27 PM
I have a John Fairfax with wife Anne Maye of Sussex. I have a will of a William Maye of Sussex which states that she is his sister but I cannot find a marriage record or the father of John Fairfax. Documents so far found are misleading.
They are supposed to be descended from the Yorkshire Walton branch of Fairfax.
If anyone ever comes across the name please just remember me.
Thanks
Annie

Linda from OZ
23-02-2006, 9:28 AM
Hi, I read your post, I'm new so please be patient.I'm looking for info on a relative-george Walton , Christened 25 March 1832 Bradfield Yorkshire, parents William and Harriet, does this help you, regards LInda

Trish
25-02-2006, 6:22 AM
I have a John Fairfax with wife Anne Maye of Sussex. I have a will of a William Maye of Sussex which states that she is his sister but I cannot find a marriage record or the father of John Fairfax. Documents so far found are misleading.
They are supposed to be descended from the Yorkshire Walton branch of Fairfax.
If anyone ever comes across the name please just remember me.
Thanks
AnnieAnnie, what years for births, marriage, deaths, anything?

Trish

Annieh
28-02-2006, 5:07 PM
Sorry but I seem to have had a brainstorm and not put down the dates of John Fairfax of Swarby and his wife Anne May/Maye.

The period that I am researching is around 1500 as John died in 1542 in Swarby, Lincs and I have a copy of his will. Anne is a sister to Thomas May/Maye of Wadhurst and her father is Thomas May/Maye with grandfather Richard May/Maye of Wadhurst.

There are pedigrees for both families but no marriage date given.

I have 2 documents that contradict each other giving 2 different people as the father of John Fairfax, but I do believe his father is Thomas Fairfax of Swarby with as yet no proof.

As you can see I have managed to verify quite a long way back and am hoping that more documents will come to light.

Annieh