PDA

View Full Version : Edward Evans and Elizabeth Newall

colashbury
22-08-2008, 5:42 AM
How do you look up older relatives.Know that he was born 1770 and she 1765.
Both in Llanwnnog,Montgomeryshire in Wales.They were also married there on the 3/5/1794.Know her parents were Thomas and Catherine,but would like to find his,as it is more down the Evans family that I wish to follow.Any findings would be fantastic....Colin

janbooth
22-08-2008, 8:40 AM
Colin,

You need to consult the parish registers of Llanwnnog and if they were both born and married there you might be lucky and find their families were in that parish for quite a time previously. The LDS have microfilmed the parish register transcripts from 1668-1857 plus churchwardens accounts etc and also the original Bishops Transcripts 1677-1852. You should be able to order either film to view in situ from your nearest LDS Family History Centre.

Janet

colashbury
22-08-2008, 1:27 PM
Thanks.Sounds interesting.So you can actually buy a copy of the film can you........

ChristineR
23-08-2008, 6:32 AM
You should be able to order either film to view in situ from your nearest LDS Family History Centre.

You pay a small fee to hire the film, which will arrive depending on its usage elsewhere. You use the film readers for free at the Latter Day Saints Family History Centre, but will need to book a time, and I think you have about a month to use the film and perhaps an option to extend if it is not wanted elsewhere. The film stays at the Centre, you don't get to take it home. Some genealogical societies might also have the facility to order in LDS films and you can view using their facilities, but you might need to be a member (I am thinking of a Melbourne based one in Australia that does this).