PDA

View Full Version : Finally Success Again - Persistence Pays

v.wells
21-08-2008, 4:59 PM
A couple of weeks ago I went back to researching my Wells line. (I burned out on my other one).

A* had added some new stuff and I was able to get a lead and continue on gathering information and sourcing. When I got to an aunt's line I noticed a connection hint, looked at it in surprise as it was for an extremely odd first name Trevelyn whom I'd had no luck with.

I sourced the information following my leads and finally used the connection service. I had located a relative I never knew about. I checked the box for a copy to be sent to my inbox, nothing happened. Monday I sent another one expressing my dissappointment that this person wasn't interested and for whatever reason included my email address in case they ever changed their mind!

Nothing went to my inbox. I called A* and they said my ISP must be blocking it (which it never had before), so I called my ISP - they said it was A* fault. This took a couple of hours and when I checked my email VOILA my aunt's granddaughter had replied directly to me. She said A* wasn't forwarding her responses to me because she had cancelled her sub! 2 weeks ago.

She had had no luck in searching and was thrilled to hear from me. Trevelyn was her father and my cousin! We have exchanged addresses, phones ect. And I can enjoy a relative I never knew about. Her information was a surprise to me as my father never spoke of those events and I will always wonder why he never knew. Apparently my aunt filed for a divorce and then she died and Trevelyn ended up in a Barnardos home for awhile - his father was a police constable. I don't know what happened yet to the 3 girls and I will never know why the grandparents didn't step in.

Now I am busy compiling a brief family history of all I have gathered with photos (the few I have) and hope to continue our long distance family relationship.

Maybe it was the heat that made me irritable +37C with A* but damn it, it paid off in the end. It was a great day yesterday.
|woohoo|

Mary Anne
21-08-2008, 6:14 PM
Woohooo! Vanessa! How wonderful! |jumphappy

I too had a minor sucess today. Found an email response to a thing I had posted on Curious Fox some years ago from a lady who is doing a website on the village where my great grandfather's family came from in Northampstonshire. She had come across my ggradnfather's ancestor doing research on the village and wanted to know if I would mind if she mentioned the family on the website. I can't wait to hear more about it.

Mary Anne

v.wells
21-08-2008, 6:22 PM
You'll become known as the Notorious Mary Anne now:D

All this fun stuff happening, it's too exciting to sleep|laugh1|

Jan1954
21-08-2008, 6:23 PM
Great news for you both, ladies! |hug|

I love |woohoo| moments, so here's wishing you many more!

pipsqueak
21-08-2008, 6:32 PM
That's fantastic news! It's fun to connect with "new" relatives! Congrats both :)

bumblebee
21-08-2008, 6:43 PM
Brilliant news, gives hope to the rest of us to hear of successes like this.

Bumblebee