PDA

View Full Version : Looking for marriage Bright and Thake

Pobblebonk
16-08-2008, 4:29 AM
Hello,

Maybe someone can help me with this brickwall. I am trying to find the marriage of my great grandparents Henry or Harry Bright with Harriet Emily Thake about 1885 in possibly Essex.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Pobblebonk

colashbury
16-08-2008, 4:59 AM
Cant find a marriage in any of the info that I can check up but found a birth if this is any help towards it...
Harriet Emily Thake
Born 1855 1st quarter
Volume 4A Page 119
Billericay Essex

michaelpipe
17-08-2008, 2:25 AM
Hello,

Maybe someone can help me with this brickwall. I am trying to find the marriage of my great grandparents Henry or Harry Bright with Harriet Emily Thake about 1885 in possibly Essex.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Pobblebonk

Are these the Harry and Harriett living in Grays in 1891 Census? If so they have 7 children, the oldest being William whose birth appears in Orsett Reg Dist Jun Qtr 1880 Vol 4a Page 261. The next is Emma Mar 1882 4a 385.

Would it not be probable that they married before 1880, unless you have a reason for suggesting 1885?

There is a marriage in Orsett Reg Dist Dec 1879 where Henry Bright and Harriett Ashwell are on the same page. Could she have been previously married?

Michael

Pobblebonk
17-08-2008, 5:15 AM
Thanks colashbury. The birth of Harriet Emily Thake is the right one and I have followed this, but I was looking for any information on Harry/Henry Bright and therefore their marriage certificate, hoping this might give a clue.

However the family living in Grays in 1891 Census is a different one to the one I am seeking.

My family is in the 1901 Census living at 193 Desborough Road, Eastleigh with 4 children. However this still doesn't give me information on Harry/Henry as the birth information he gave in this census is incorrect. (I have followed it up).... hence I was trying to find their marriage certificate.

Any ideas????

|banghead|

colashbury
17-08-2008, 7:29 AM
Quite difficult with the lack of info as yer dont even have his 1st name.Does the census not tell yer if Harry or Henry........

colashbury
17-08-2008, 9:40 AM
Bit of detective work seems to point it to Harry Bright.Was he born in 1860 in Stowmarket.If so waitin on a response from someone to an email sent....Colin