PDA

View Full Version : Catherine COLLIGAN I Despair

Robwbay
15-08-2008, 5:54 PM
Hi, Head - brick wall!!!!!!! dont know what else to try. I have Catherine MURPHIE Marrying James COLLIGAN in July 1843 East Kilbride. Both Born Ireland. Catherine abt 1818, James Abt 1803. In the Scotland 1851 Census the family are recorded as CALLIGAN There are children, James, John and Hugh.
The 1861 Scotland Census the family revert to COLLIGAN Catherine is there but James is now John, James Jnr. and Hugh are present as is Anchial who returns later as Michael. I suspect John is James who then dies in 1867 in Kirkton Lanarkshire. In 1871 Katherine Colligan, Hugh and John are Living in Gosford Hall East Kilbride and her occupation is lodging house keeper. I can find no trace of her death - re-marrying or alien abduction. James Jnr may be the same James living in Blantyre in 1891. Hugh seems to have become a patient with mental health problems and died in Shotts in 1911. his death certificate gives no details of family or relatives. When Michael marries, Catherine is not shown as deceased but who knows I have run out of thoughts, in 1871 she is shown as 52 years of age and vanishes. I would be grateful for all and any suggestions Thanks Robwbay|help|