PDA

View Full Version : thomas stephens/stephens family

stephens
14-08-2008, 7:27 PM
hi all
its been a while but i am asking again for help with thomas stephens
c.1795ish

i have found out from a member that he may have married a gemmima dee who died and then he married possibly ann bunn or margret lucy.
hereford area.
He certainly had at least two boys christopher and james all found on the census . However nothing relates them to thomas stephens but christophers wedding certificate that states thomas as father. I have been to hereford parishes but no luck. I have been searching this for three years. Please help if you can
julie

vic1
14-08-2008, 9:46 PM
I am a stephens from the hereford area. unforftunately i don't know of any tie in with your thomas although it is a family name on my tree which at the moment centres around the talgarth area. i would suggest that you research breconshire and radnorshire as there are Stephens in both in the 1800s.
my oldest family member is Roger Stephens who was born in glasbury around 1850 ish. have you also extended your search out from herefordshire to all the county. Hope this helps i am in the same position as you but in pembroke. i keep leaving it and going back. one day i'll get lucky

stephens
16-08-2008, 1:19 PM
thankyou for your response. Its very frustrating when you come across a brickwall. I appreciate any help at all.
I have the family line down from james and christopher stephens 1820c from hereford to leaominster then into Aston birmingham but just cannot find there father OR have found there father but cannot confirm him due to Christopher not being registered until the about the 1840-1850 census.
Thanks again
julie