PDA

View Full Version : Baker/ family from castlegregory and dingle

lindyloo46
12-08-2008, 11:05 PM
hi has anyone any info on the bakers, I have lots of marriages and baptisms from the church at Castlegregory but these people seem to have disappeared from the area where did they all go? Lindyloo

bracaragh
29-12-2008, 3:46 PM
Hi, what Christian names and dates have you got?
There are loads of Bakers in the Castlegregory / Dingle area on the 1911 census. :)

lindyloo46
12-02-2009, 11:03 PM
hi sorry ive not replie before now but had more pressing issues to deal with, thanks for replying. My great grandfathers family were baptised at castlegregory and some were married there, he wasnot unfortunately on both counts. His name was Michael baker he married a mary Murphy, they lived at Derrymore. I think some of them lived around Dingle. A Kate and jack went to America and I have been trying to track them down the only info I have is from a letter written to my mum from her aunt who was Michael and marys child, who emigrated NY,she says "I had an aunt and uncle from from fathers side Kate and jack baker here in America" she was not able to find them though she did try. That being before the advent of the net. I have posted messages on Us boards without sucesss. lindyloo