PDA

View Full Version : Please advise - NELLIE RICHARDS 1905 (or 1904)

Eviand
11-08-2008, 9:17 PM
I have both the birth and death certificates of an ancestor, NELLIE RICHARDS who only lived for 3 days in the early 1900's.

The BIRTH Certificate gives her date of birth as 22 December 1905 in Scotter, Father WILLIAM HENRY RICHARDS and Mother ANNIE RICHARDS formerly BOWSKILL.

The DEATH Certificate gives her death date as 25 December 1905 after 3 days in Scotter, daughter of WILLIAM HENRY RICHARDS.

I have just received a copy of what I had thought was the correct BURIAL entry from the Parish of SCOTTER, in the County of Lincoln. However, the date entry here is 30 Dec 1904, Abode Scotter. The entry is the second entry made in the same box.

Could there be two NELLIE RICHARDS or could there have been an error made. If there were two Nellie's, I cannot find either a birth or death index entry in 1904.

Can anyone advise?:confused:

bumblebee
11-08-2008, 9:22 PM
Hi Eviand

As it happens I am going to Lincoln Archives for a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon. Would you like me to double check anything. It is not usual to have two entries in one box, who was the other entry?.

I could also see if there is a transcribed Monumental Inscription.

Bumblebee

Eviand
11-08-2008, 10:13 PM
If you wouldn't you could try seeing if there is a 1905 Scotter Parish register entry. Take a look at 1904 by all means, but I think the dates clear enough.

Thanks!

bumblebee
11-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Hi Eviand

I will have a look, I wonder if the vicar put it in in retrospect and entered it in the wrong year. Sounds like he was trying to 'fit it in' with two entries in one box.

Bumblebee

bumblebee
12-08-2008, 7:45 PM
Hi Eviand

Well I double checked the pages around the entry you have in case the vicar had written anything or there were any notes and nothing. However that page has quite a few 'double entries'.

Nothing in 1905, also I checked for a baptism as I thought if the baptism was in 1905 that would confirm there was an error and the burial record was a later insertion - but I could not see a baptism.

As you have the certificates I can only assume it was a later (incorrect) insertion. Nothing in the MI transcriptions either.

Bumblebee

Eviand
13-08-2008, 3:58 PM
Well I double checked the pages around the entry you have

Thanks for your time looking at this. It's the right month just the wrong year. I will have to put it down to a mistake at this moment in time.

Thanks again.

aakss
08-12-2008, 12:25 PM
St. Peters Church, Scotter extract

30.12.1904 Nellie 3d buried