PDA

View Full Version : Cambridge Trial of James Daniels

Debbie Bozkurt
10-08-2008, 9:04 PM
Found that my Aunt's husband had been transported, he was missing off any census. I found a James Daniels transported from Cambridge in 1834 to NSW age 37 (only a few years either way) on the Hooghley. I found his certificate of freedom in 1842 NSW. He appeared not to have come back certainly not to his wife and children in Balsham.

I have had a look around but don't really know where to look for his trial to find out what he had done to be transported. Does anyone know where I can look?

Thanks

Debbie

Jan1954
10-08-2008, 9:20 PM
Contact the Cambridgeshire Archives (http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/leisure/archives/). They should have records of the Cambridge Quarter Sessions in which the details should be recorded.

Failing that, there is a book entitled "Shudy Camps, a scrapbook" compiled by Jane Harwood and edited by Jenny Gubb and Brian Willan. Published by Shudy Camps Social Committee, 1997 ISBN 0-95317-780-7. This is where I found the story of one of my Cambridgeshire Convicts. I know that Shudy is up the road from Balsham, but you never know...