PDA

View Full Version : Archer

libtech50
10-08-2008, 7:12 PM
Hello, I once again I am asking for assistance in tracking my grandfather. I do have a posting else on this site. However, I am not more confused than ever.

My grandfather name I thought was George Frederick Archer as I was going by the birth cert. I have of my mom and uncle. On the birth cert. it has him listed as George Archer.

I was told his name was George Frederick. However, when I look at my grandmother's death cert. it states: "Widow of Fredrick George Archer." Now I am quite sure at the time of my grandmothers passing he may have been still alive but living in the states some where. My mother never heard of them getting divorce but he did come to the states. I am not sure where he was born possibly in Sussex area.

I also have learned he was a protestant .

Any help appreciated.
gerri|jumphappy

DavidMorris1946
10-08-2008, 7:58 PM
Hi gerri, I may be able to help but I need a few more details. When did your grandfather come to the United States. His full name. Maybe where he settled. And any other relevant information was he married, his age. I will wait on your reply. David Morris 1946

libtech50
10-08-2008, 11:18 PM
David,
I wish I had more information. I belive from my grandmother's death cert. his proper name is Frederick George Archer. As far as I can figure he may had come to the states around 1930. My mother remembers a party a her mother's house in Liverpool and remember him getting into a cab to go to where the ship was leaving from. My mom was born 1924 so I think that she may have been 6 old enough to remember. But I may be off. I believe he came to some relative in Boston,Mass.

He may have been in a waiters union or have driven for UPS.
Any help is appreciated.
Gerri

ChristineR
11-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Just a note from me to say I have moved this to the Brickwalls section, sorry if the new location confuses anyone |angel|

michaelpipe
11-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Any idea when your Fred /George was born? In the period between 1926 and 1935 There are seven Georges and one Frederick listed as departing from Liverpool to USA (all New York except one George to Boston). The youngest was Frederick aged 42 in 1928 to New York.

All dep Liverpool
George Archer b 1866 dep 1826 to Boston
B George Archer b 1874 dep 1926 to New York
George Archer b 1874 dep 1926 to New York
George Edward Archer b 1885 dep 1926 to New York
George Archer b 1875 dep 1928 to New York
Frederick Archer b 1876 dep 1928 to New York
Geo? Archer b 1873 dep 1930 to New York
George Archer b 1872 dep 1932 to New York

Michael

libtech50
11-08-2008, 3:24 PM
Michael,
These two look promising. My mom would have been 4 years old when he left in 1928. I wonder if at that age if she would have been able to remember the party and the cab picking him up It seems to be in the right area. And he may have come into NewYork. Where did you find this information? I did write to Ireland for their marriage license hoping to learn more about him form that. But I only just mailed it last Friday.
Thanks Gerri

DavidMorris1946
12-08-2008, 2:02 AM
Hi, I have found 67 George Frederick Archer. Most of them living in the eastern United States. There are about half a dozen in the age range that you're looking for. Some of the information is private and sensitive, and I'm wondering how I can get this information to you.
I had no luck with Frederick George Archer, I will try dropping the George and see what happens, regards David Morris 1946
is there a way to send this information to you through the system, but keep it private. I am new to the site, please help.

libtech50
12-08-2008, 2:06 AM
David,
I am not sure. I think there is a private message options, but not sure how to use it.
l i b t e c h 5 0 @ c o m c a s t . n e t

michaelpipe
12-08-2008, 3:21 AM
David,
I am not sure. I think there is a private message options, but not sure how to use it.
l i b t e c h 5 0 @ c o m c a s t . n e t

If you want to PM David, left click on his name and an option to select Private Message will appear.

Michael:)

v.wells
12-08-2008, 3:22 AM
Click on the username highlighted on the left on the posting and it will ask what you want to do. Or you can go into User CP and select send private message - on the left side also.:)

michaelpipe
12-08-2008, 7:14 AM
Michael,
These two look promising. My mom would have been 4 years old when he left in 1928. I wonder if at that age if she would have been able to remember the party and the cab picking him up It seems to be in the right area. And he may have come into NewYork. Where did you find this information? I did write to Ireland for their marriage license hoping to learn more about him form that. But I only just mailed it last Friday.
Thanks Gerri

It came from findmypast.com (Passenger Lists Leaving UK 1890-1960). It is a pay to view site if you require more detail.

Michael