PDA

View Full Version : Flexman marriage

kentish kate
07-08-2008, 9:34 PM
Evening all, I'm trying to find a marriage between Thomas Flexman and Ruth Juniper. On the 1851 census they were living in Chelmsford. Thomas gave his age as 34 and Ruth gave her age as 35. Their oldest child was 13 years. I've looked but can't find a marriage anywhere, I do know that Ruth died in 1874 and Thomas married again in 1876. Can anyone help please? Thank you|help|

bumblebee
07-08-2008, 11:52 PM
If the oldest child was born circa 1838 - and there could have been others pre-census i.e. that did not survive to census, then the marriage could be pre-registration. If there are no leads on the IGI you will have to look in the relevant archives (Essex record office?). I would check in the parish where Ruth was born and also in the parish where the first child was born.

Bumblebee

kentish kate
09-08-2008, 7:52 AM
Hello there Bumblebee thank you for your reply, I think I will check the CRO as suggested,( don't know why I didn't think of doing that myself |oopsredfa)
Kate.

lyndoncomstock
20-07-2009, 3:51 PM
Thomas Flexman and Ruth Juniper were married on December 25, 1835 at All Saints church in East Hanningfield, Essex. They had ten children that I know of.
She died in 1874.

Thomas subsequently remarried to Sophia Gundy in 1876 and had at least two more children.

Thomas and Ruth were my ggg grandparents. I'm in the process of putting a tree up on ancestry.com (Lyndon Comstock Family Tree) which will include what I know about them.

I'd like to hear from you if you have more information to share about this family.

Lyndon Comstock