PDA

View Full Version : Cliff Fever Hospital, Garforth

RLucyg
08-01-2005, 7:14 PM
I found my great grandma Annie Routh in the 1901 census as being a patient at the Cliff Fever Hospital in Garforth, but I can't find any info on the internet about the place. Does anyone have any idea where I should look next for info about the place and patient records. Thanks

robdurk
08-01-2005, 8:02 PM
Hmm... over a decade spent living in Leeds, and I've never heard of it either. Garforth having pretty much being destroyed by 60s buildings I doubt there's anything sitewise either.

Your best bet, I would think, would be to contact the Thackray Medical Museum in Leeds (on the same site as Jimmy's) as they are most likely to know or to know who will.

Hope that's of some use!

Rob

bevpax
16-03-2005, 10:24 PM
i have just house to cliff top park garforth and i am told this is the old site for cliff fever hospital

Sylvia3005
16-03-2005, 11:03 PM
Hi,
I live not far from Garforth. It is just a few miles outside Leeds, West Yorkshire. I have not heard of the Fever Hospital but it certainly has a "cliff". From there on a clear day it is possible to see York Minster.
Hope this helps.
Regards from Sylvia.

horburylass
21-06-2005, 12:55 PM
West Yorkshire Archives Leeds branch may have some record of this hospital.

You can search the catalogue online. There is however a closure of a hundred years on hospital records as I found out when recently tried to view records in a Wakefield hospital.

Horburylass