PDA

View Full Version : LANGFORD/BAYLIS - Knighton

Dolly
08-01-2005, 3:19 PM
Can anyone with access to the parish registers for Knighton please look up the baptism & parents names of Samuel Langford b Knighton circa 1794. From at least 1820 he lived in Gloucestershire until his death in 1871. If I can confirm his baptism I will fork out for a few days up there myself to find all the other info that I need. In 1841 & 1851 census Glos he appears under the name of Samuel BAYLIS, though at his marriage and subsequent children’s baptisms the name is always LANGFORD. Also 1861 census & death certificate name is LANGFORD.

I wondered if he was born illegitimately to a BAYLIS, who later married his father a LANGFORD.

Thanks in advance

paul b
18-02-2005, 1:33 PM
Hi Dolly,I have the MI's to Knighton if you would like me to have a look,might find his parents listed....
Paul

Dolly
18-02-2005, 4:18 PM
Thank you Paul, he was born around 1794 don't know anything else about him pre 1820 other than his being born in Knighton. I have his life from 1820 in Gloucestershire. If it helps he called his sons William & James, his first daughter Ann then there were Sarah, Jane & Mary. I may have to pay a researcher at the records office to find his parents, I just cannot get up to Knighton in the near future. I think that there was also a Baylis connection, so because I can't give you parent's names I'd be interested in whether or not there were a lot of Langfords and also if there were any Baylis's

Dolores