PDA

View Full Version : The CAMPBELLS Newcastle

Robwbay
28-07-2008, 1:29 PM
Hi My Grandmother was Mary CAMBELL Born Newcastle upon Tyne abt 1908 her Father was George Herbert CAMPBELL he married Alice MOORE 23 Nov 1903 Christ Church Newcastle upon Tyne. I can trace both CAMBELLS & MOORES back through the Census information and Have the CAMPBELLS back to a Moses CAMPBELL Born abt 1770 and married to Margaret MARTIN. One of his sons also Moses was a Pilot on the River Tyne as was his son Moses. I Know my Grandmother, Mary Married in Scotland in Feb 1932 a Henry STRACHAN The Marriage was Bigamous as he had forgotten to Divorce his 1st Wife. Mary STRACHAN (CAMPBELL) returned to Whitley Bay married a Fredrick SKELTON and died there around 1961. I know the advice is probably to visit a records office to obtain the records I seek Birth Death Certificates however all my family research has been done online and is quite extensive I am delaying going to record offices and have ordered certificates but am having difficulty with Mary CAMPBELL. I know she brothers and sisters Thomas, Gladys, Dorothy, Herbert and George anyone else following this Line any help appreciated Thanks.

totty
17-06-2011, 5:04 AM
May have information for you on Newcastle campbells

Regards Terry