PDA

View Full Version : I KNOW SHE IS DEAD ... BUT....WHERE IS SHE ! !

dietabix
23-07-2008, 9:52 PM
I have been hunting for my Grandmothers death, but am unable to find it. She was Lilian Woolliscroft Leat nee Forrester born 1876 in Stoke on Trent. Not sure the year she died, but it must have been around 1955 sometime, she died in New Brighton, Wirral Merseyside. I would be so glad if anyone could help.
Many thanks
Sue

Procat
24-07-2008, 8:33 AM
Hi Sue,

checked 1950 to 1960 inclusive and could not find her.

bjelkier
24-07-2008, 8:45 AM
I did the same! It may be worth your while contacting the local registry office in case the entry was missed off the index. If they can't find it from the info you give them [ they usually do about a 3yr search] they will refund your money and it only costs the same as the GRO.

dietabix
24-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Thought I was missing it, Thanks for you time, I shall give it a try
Sue

Waitabit
17-08-2008, 4:34 AM
Wrong County, but a Lilian Leat age 70 died in Hertford. June 1/4 1946.
Age is close.

Wendy

dietabix
17-08-2008, 9:47 AM
Same name but different person, I know she died on the Wirral, will try and get to Local Library and see if they have Death Records. Thanks for the thought, its nice to know, even our old posts still get an airing.
Sue

Waitabit
17-08-2008, 9:57 AM
I make a habit of reading 'old stuff' gets me where I want to be. Sorry it didn't help this time.

ciao Wendy

thepalace1
19-08-2008, 7:21 PM
Right hang fire with me a moment, I think I have this.

Birth Index:

Lilian Woolliscroft Forrester
Oct - Dec 1876
Wolstanton, Staffordshire
6b, 138

Marriage Index:

Lilian Wooliscroft Forrester
Apr - Jun 1904
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
Married a chap called : Peter Mellor Hobson
6b. 400

Death Index:

Lilian W. Hobson
Oct - Dec 1957
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
Aged : 81 (b. c1876)
9b, 683

I don't know where the name Leat comes from, but this is too close in all departments not to be her

dietabix
20-08-2008, 9:08 PM
Thanks for reply, it is a mystery
I sent for and received this week Birth Cert for Lily ... Wolstanton 06b 138
Born 6 Sept 1876 Lilian Woolliscroft Forrester, father John, mother Sarah nee Woolliscroft, father job Grocer living at 115, Granville St., Burslem.

Also Marriage Cert. ... Stoke on Trent 06b 490
17 Nov 1899, George Edward Leat age 22 & Lily Forrester age 24, living at George = 4 Church St & Lily = 3 Church St Hanley, Lily's dads job Potter Figure Maker.

Also Death Cert ... Stoke on Trent 6b 103
For G.E. Leat ( my Grandfather ) who died 17 June 1911, ( I remember my dad, another G. E. Leat 1902, saying he was about 7 or 8 when his dad died ) present at death Widow L. Leat, at 20 Windmill St , Hanley.

There must be another Lily Forrester as this has cropped up before, but I know mine did not marry a Hobson, as Lily and Peter Hobson married sometime around 1908 ? when my Lily was still married,
What I must check is the job of Lily's father and see who lived where, I remember visiting my Nan Lily in Wallasey, all our family moved from Stoke when I was about 2 or 3, around 1949/50.
I will make an effort to go to our Local Library and see if I can find her death, she is buried not far from where I live, I must try and find her grave.
Thanks for your help.
Sue

bumblebee
20-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Do you think it is possible that the birth certificate is for one person and the marriage is for another (your grandmother).

The marriage reference is Lily Forrester not Lilian Woolliscroft Forrester, and it looks as if Lilian (Wooliscroft) is with her father (a Baker) on the 1901 census.

The fact that Lily's dad's occupation was a Potter Figure Maker on the marriage and yet a Grocer on the birth certificate seems a little odd.

Bumblebee

maureen54
21-08-2008, 1:21 AM
Hi Dietbix & Everyone|wave|
I have found 2 members in Ancestry who have Family Trees with photos of your Grandmother Lillian, would you like me to contact these people for you as I am a member of Ancestry,apparently one of the owners lives in New Brighton also my HOMETOWN|jumphappy, the trees Leat who originate from Somerset and your George Edward Leat was the above persons Great Great Grandfather;)

Cheers
Momo:cool:

bumblebee
21-08-2008, 10:01 AM
There is also another tree - with the same photograph of Lilian (Wooliscroft) as on the tree you found, the same parents - but the spouse is Peter Mellor Hobson..... The picture is credited to the original owner, the tree that you found.

This is obviously causing some confusion.

Bumblebee

Ladkyis
21-08-2008, 10:42 AM
I think there is an assumption that Lilian and Lily are the same person and that Lily is an abbreviation of Lilian. It could be, but until there is proof the only assumption that can be made is that there are two people.
Keep to the rule of three and find three pieces of evidence that show without doubt that Lily and Lilian are the same person

Ladkyis
21-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Ok so I couldn't resist taking a wander through the 1881 and 1891 census - just to see what I could find. I also did a little persue of the GRO index on Find My Past too. this is what I found

GRO index
Forrester Lilly Stoke T 6b 211 Dec qtr 1878

1881 census. RG11/2724 F118 P14 ed 11
10 Bridge Street, Hanley Stoke on Trent
John Forrester Head Marr 47 Labourer Staffs Hanley
Hannah " Wife Marr 39 Staffs Weston
Julia " Dau 8 " Hanley
John " Son 6 " Hanley
Emma " Dau 4 " Hanley
Lilly " Dau 2 " Hanley

1891 census RG12/2173 F13 P20 ed 17
2 Brown Street Hanley SoT
John Forrester head Widower 55 Labourer (forgesmith written in different hand) Shropshire Market Drayton
Julia Dau S 18 Warehouse ?? Staffs Hanley
Emma Dau S 14 Do Staffs Hanley

I know there are differences between birth places for John but I suspect that his wife gave the information on the previous census.
Now all you have to do is find 16 year old John (unless he died) and discover where 12 year old Lilly is staying - she could be with relatives or she could be in service.

I think the other Lilian is a red herring - I hope this helps

bumblebee
21-08-2008, 3:21 PM
Hi Ladykis

I followed that family also, but when I could not find that particular Lily on later census I wondered if this was her death..

Lily Forrester, born about 1878, Registered 1883 Q3, Age when died 5, Stoke Upon Trent 6b 105

Bumblebee

dietabix
21-08-2008, 4:27 PM
:)Well you may be right Bumblebee
BUT......... |help|
Today I went to find Lily's Death at the local library, I can remember going to the grave when I was young and visiting the house she lived in with her daughter till she died.
:confused::confused: ONLY....... to find there is only one Leat buried there and she is an ELIZABETH Leat died 22 April 1955, at the address I used to visit, that is about the time I thought she died.
On the census forms my father George Edward Leat is on, with his brother and sisters their mother is LILY.
So it seems I shall have to start my hunt all over again.
Any help from you guys would be most appreciated |idea|
Sue

bumblebee
21-08-2008, 7:07 PM
Hi Sue

I have just checked the death index for Elizabeth Leat, aged 84, registered in Q2 1955, Wallasey, 10a 596? So taking the age at death she was born around 1871? Is it worth purchasing this death certificate as you know it was someone from an address you used to visit.

I have been looking at this 1901 census thinking it is your family, but you say that your father George Edward Leat is on census forms with his brothers and sisters,

Hanley

George E Leat 23
Lily Leat 25
Lily Leat under 7 months

All born Hanley.

RG13; Piece: 2599; Folio: 159; Page: 17.

Have I been looking at the wrong family?

Bumblebee

dietabix
21-08-2008, 7:40 PM
Hi All
The photograph on Ancestry is of my Lily, I live in New Brighton, the other tree on Ancestry put the photograph on there's too, but it is my Grandmother married to G.E.Leat, and not Peter Mellor Hobson. I shall have to ask the few remaining family what they know. I have Lily and George marriage cert, they married on 20 November 1899 George 22 and Lily Forrester 24, witnesses were Charles Leat, that could be Georges brother and Polly Forrester.
Thanks again all
Sue

dietabix
21-08-2008, 8:44 PM
Hi Bumblebee
Yes that is my family.

Waitabit
22-08-2008, 1:41 AM
Hi Dietabix, I have so enjoyed the hunt for your 'Lily'. Glad you found her.

Do you have any more Family members loose out there?

;) Wendy

maureen54
22-08-2008, 2:00 AM
Ditto

Maureen|biggrin|

bumblebee
22-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Yes, you have us all curious, hope you will let us know if you send for that Elizabeth's death certificate - do you think it will shed any light on things?

Bumblebee

dietabix
22-08-2008, 7:41 PM
I think this hunt is far from over,

my mind is in a twirl at the moment trying to sort things out. :confused:

So far .....

Thought Lily Forrester 1876 was my Grandmother

Found Grave that I know is my Grandmothers and the name on it is
Elizabeth born 1871 died 1955 Wallasey

Marriage Certificate
George Edward Leat born 1877 died 1911, that I know to be right
Lily Forrester 1878 Did she give her wrong age or what
Occupation of her father John Forrester Potters Figure maker

On some Censuses her father was a grocer
there must be two different people

But in the 1881 census
Elizabeth Forrester 1871 has father as a Potters Figure Maker
the same as on the marriage Cert I have
Could this be her ?

Have got Birth Cert for Lilian Woolliscroft 1876 .... dad a grocer
Will now send for Birth Cert for Elizabeth Forrester 1871

But how will I know which is the one if any are ? |banghead|

Sorry about the mix up with the 1901 Census
it was only George and Lily with daughter Lily,
not with brothers and sisters

I still need |help|

Thanks everyone
Sue

P.S.
I do have another mystery to solve ! !
That will come later

Jan1954
22-08-2008, 7:44 PM
P.S.
I do have another mystery to solve ! !
That will come later
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee187/Jan_07/faint.gif

bumblebee
22-08-2008, 9:35 PM
Do you know if her name is Lily on the children's birth certificates. George Leat died in 1911 was it, who registered his death I wonder?

Bumblebee

bumblebee
22-08-2008, 9:45 PM
Sorry cannot leave your Lilian alone.....

You said when Lily married in 1899 that the address she gave was Church Street Hanley, well this is the family at 3 Church Street Hanley in 1891, Father John, a Potter and a daughter - 20 year old Elizabeth.

John Head M 1848 Potter
Elizabeth Wife M 1847
Harriet Daughter Single 1870 Flower Painter
Elizabeth Daughter Single 1871 Warehouse Cleaner
Rose Daughter Single 1873 Transferer Potts
Annie Daughter 1877 Potters Paintress Apprentice
Arthur Son 1879
William Son 1880 Scholar
Mary Daughter 1883 Scholar
Ada Daughter 1885 Scholar
Eliza Daughter 1887
Edna Daughter 1889

RG12 Piece: 2166 Folio: 37 Page:24

Bumblebee

dietabix
22-08-2008, 9:47 PM
Only have small Birth Cert for my dad, good idea I will send for a full one.
I have a cousin who may a Birth Cert for his mum, my dads sister, 2 of Lily and Georges Children
I shall ask him too, I am waiting for emu from him with any info he can give me
Yes George died in 1911, death registered by L. Leat.
Sue

bumblebee
22-08-2008, 9:49 PM
All the above family in 1891 born Hanley. Seems a coincidence they are all at the address that 'Lily' gave on her marriage to George. 4 Church Street, Hanley the address that George gave is 'The Ring O'Bells Inn', so he possibly lodged there.

Bumblebee

dietabix
22-08-2008, 10:01 PM
This is the family I am looking at too, I am waiting for an emu from my oldest cousin, 86, I am sure he mentioned a long time ago the name of Rose, I shall try and ring him tomorrow, and get some info, it sounds as though it could be that family, but why a different name and birth date on Marriage cert, and Lily on Death Cert. I can remember my dad saying his dad George died when he was about 8 or 9 so that fits in with 1911, my dad was born in 1902, so that fits.
Perhaps I will know a little more tomorrow, will let you know what happens
Sue

Waitabit
22-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Taataa! To the Hunt.!!

Neither sleet nor hail nor false leads shall.......(whatever is next)

We'll win in the end Dietabix, how long have we got?

Wendy :D

dietabix
23-08-2008, 7:10 AM
Found Elizabeth on the 1891 Census under Farrester and not Forrester.
Job given as Warehouse Woman.
Job on the Wedding Certificate I have to George, is Potters Warehouse Woman.
Had a look at address and George could have been lodging at the pub
This does sound like the right Eliz/Lily but why the name change,
perhaps when I get Birth Certificate she will be Elizabeth Lucy, and why the age change. Will we ever know
Sue

maureen54
23-08-2008, 8:04 AM
Hi Folks:D|soapbox|
I may have worked this family out but bear with me ok.
I will disregard the L W Forrester & John Forrester who was a grocer and the John Forrester who was a baker.

I am working from the John Forrester that Bumble Bee found and thanks to her this family may now connect.

Lets start at the beginning and the details are from Hanley in Stoke on Trent and the sources being Ancestry & Free BMD Index…

Both parents and all children born in Hanley Stoke on Trent Staffordshire

John Forrester b 1848
married
Elizabeth Wood b 1847

September 1868
District Stoke on Trent
Vol 6b
Page 282

They have 11 Children together………..

Harriet 6b 198 ST June 1869
Elizabeth 6b 191 ST March 1871
Rosa 6b 216 ST Dec 1872
Florence 6b 231 ST March 1875 I think this one died |angel|
Ann 6b 226 ST March 1877

Arthur 6b 206 ST Sep 1878 Either Arthur will be one of theirs
Arthur John 6b 202 ST Mar 1879

William 6b 199 ST March 1881

Mary Elizabeth 6b 173 ST March 1882
Mary Ellen 6b 207 ST March 1883 One of these Marys are theirs
Mary Elizabeth 6b 215 ST Sep 1883

Ada 6b 196 ST June 1885

Eliza Jubilee 6b 212 ST March 1887
Edna 6b 171 ST March 1889

Now as you can see there is no one named Lily or Lillian but I have come to the belief that your Lily was a bit of a character and she did not like the name Elizabeth or it was a pet name in her family for her as not to confuse the 2 Elizabeths plus an Eliza in the family as well but used and preffered the name Lily. Even named her first child Lily!!

She was born Elizabeth married as a Lily and her gravestone says the name Elizabeth.

Elizabeth (Lily) b 1871 as you know married George Edward Leat b Dec 1877 d 1911

George was living at number 4 Church St the pub and Lily was living with her family in number 3 Church St as I also checked the 1901 Census and the Forrester family are living there still, but John was absent.

George & Elizabeth (Lily) in 1901 where living in 17 Talbot Street

They had 5 children all born in Hanley

Lily Leat b 1900 married Samuel Newton

George Edward Leat b 1902 married E Gask

Dolly Leat b 1904 m George A Bradbury

Douglas Leat b1906 m Ida Forster

Sylvia Leat b 1911 m Eric Ratcliffe

Now in 1911 her husband George Edward dies 6 months after his youngest daughter is born.

Then in around 1920 - 1940’s Lily is running a pub called the MINERS ARMS,later on becomes also a Fire Warden in WW2 then after that moves to the Wirral and sadly dies on 22 April 1955 as found by you and Bumblebee.

Hope this builds a picture in your mind as it seems more logical and also as Bumblebee mentioned there was no death Registered under the name Lily,between 1940 -1950.
Another way which may be useful too is to check the Electoral Rolls in the Reference Section in the Wallasey Library once the ceiling has been repaired,to see what name Lily used when she voted|nopity|

Sorry if this reply is long |snore|

Cheers
Maureenxx

dietabix
23-08-2008, 8:44 AM
Thanks for that Maureen |hug|
You have worked so hard sorting all that out, it all looks feasible.
I can't come up with any other ideas, unless my cousin comes up with anything new.
Just got my dads small Birth Cert and Wedding Cert out to see if anything might help.

THIS MUST RUN IN THE FAMILY ! !

On Dads small Birth Cert says born 1902

But on the Wedding Cert married 1933, it says his age was 27, that works out he was born in 1906.

Also it says my dads dad, Lilys George, was a Beer Seller ( Lily would have had her pub by then )
I thought if the father was dead when people married, they put deceased.
Yet more lies unless they were mistakes, NO too many for that
Sue

Wilkes_ml
23-08-2008, 9:25 AM
I wouldn't be surprised by a change of name. I think Elizabeth can have many pet names such as Liz, Lizzy, Bet, Betty and I think Lil and Lily are quite probable.

Like Catherine becomes Kit and kitty and Katy, Sarah becomes Sally, Francis becomes Fanny, and I think the oddest is Mary becoming Molly and Polly! Unless someone knows where Polly comes from.

I've had a Caroline Matilda change her name from one census to the next, and a Sarah Ann - Sarah one year, Sally another, Annie next etc. etc.

I think in those days they liked a change of name now and again - I often think of trying it at work -tomorrow I'll be Milly and next year I'll be Leigh - Annie!

dietabix
23-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Right here we go |book2|

Have spoken to my cousin, he thought her name was Lily but not sure. Elizabeth rings a bell with him too.

But he does remember Aunts called Harriet, Florence and Rose, defiantly Rose he remember going to her house lots of times, with Lily, his mum and another daughter of Lily's.

He thinks Rose had a daughter called Florence, but it may have been her sister, also a son of one of Lily's brother or sisters called Walter ( Wally ) he remembers him being simple.
Florence he thinks lived in Merseyside.

Also remember them running a pub in Market Street Hanley, he says George drank all the profit and drank himself to death,
Lily took over running the pub to keep the family together.

Lily had relations, Forresters, who ran a farm Bucknall way, they used to deliver milk to her every day.
The Woolliscroft family he thinks lived out that way too, they were Butchers and Solicitors.

Well this is all coming together quite nicely now, I could not have got this far without all the help from you all out there |bowdown| |bowdown|

I just need to look into the brothers and sisters of Lily and find Walter, then I know for sure it is the right family.

Patsy Kensit eat your heart out ......... who needs a T.V. program when we have all of YOU out there.

Many thanks again :D

Sue

maureen54
23-08-2008, 2:01 PM
Hi Sue
Thats great stuff |jumphappy now with you refering to Walter or Wally could it have been "WILLY" as Lily did have a brother called Wiiliam born in 1881.

Plus can you explain something which is confusing me :confused: you have mentioned a couple of times you where waiting for an EMU from your cousin and I cracked up as all I could think of was the bird we have here called an EMU|oopsredfa.what is it?????

Dont forget Lilys daughters names where....

Lily, Dolly, Sylvia, It cant be Dolly as she is Rons Mother correct?

OK I am off to find the |5cups| hiccup

Maureen|hug|

dietabix
23-08-2008, 2:45 PM
Hi Maureen

Sorry about the EMU, its what I call an e-mail

Walter and Ron used to play together, so I don't think it is William, he would be too old.
Yes Ron is Dollys son, we will be going to see him at the beginning of September, I can really pick his brains then.

I have met my dads brother and sisters, dad, brother Doug, and Sylvia along with mum Lily all moved from Hanley, Stoke on Trent to the Wirral when I was about 2, Dolly went down South and daughter Lily stayed in Stoke

Enjoy your drink
Sue |cheers|

maureen54
23-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Hi Sue|wave|
Good to hear you are going to see Ron, good idea is to jot down the questions first so you dont get side tracked when you interview him|biggrin||biggrin|, maybe a dictaphone too|laugh1|could you also ask him was Walter older than him and by roughly how much and could he have been a Walter from his Aunty & Uncles in law meaning eg Uncle Douglas but his wifes side???

Dont know if you have seen this site before but I would suggest to go and make a pot of tea and browse |book2|it its all about Hanley & Staffordshire............

http://www.thepotteries.org/index.html

Maureen

bumblebee
24-08-2008, 9:47 PM
Interesting developments, but who was Polly the Witness I wonder. Good luck with the visit to Ron.

Bumblebee

dietabix
24-08-2008, 9:55 PM
Don't know who Polly is as yet, knowing my luck it won't be her real name. I have now got to find the parents of John Forrester to start my hunt, will be sending for a few Certificates again and see what turns up, it's like being a novice again
Due

maureen54
24-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Hi Dietbix & Bumblebee,
This maybe John Forretser's b 1848 family as the mothers name is Harriet b 1822 the name of his first born and also they live next door to a James Forrester b 1822 who is an Ag Labourer and the area is also Bucknall maybe this is the link to where you mentioned Lily got milk ???

The address is 25 Washerwall and Harriet is a Dressmaker....

1851 Census

John Forrester
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1846
Relation: Son
Mother's Name: Harriett
Where born: Stoke, Staffordshire, England

Civil Parish: Stoke Upon Trent
Ecclesiastical parish: Bucknall
County/Island: Staffordshire

Registration district: Stoke Upon Trent
Sub registration district: Hanley

Household Members: Name Age
George Forrester 7
Harriett Forrester 29
John Forrester 5
Sarah Forrester 10 Mo

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 2004; Folio: 355; Page: 7;

Cheers
Maureen

maureen54
25-08-2008, 6:57 AM
Hi Folks
I think the name Polly is a nickname for Mary who was Lily's younger sister.

You now have...if I am correct;)

Elizabeth who was a Lilly

Mary who was a Polly

Walter who was a Wally

Maureen

maureen54
25-08-2008, 7:16 AM
Also Found this John Forrester age 13 who was a Potter but there is an error in the fathers surname it says Joseph Burton?????

1861 Census........

John Forrester Age: 13
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1848
Relation: Son
Father's Name: Joseph
Where born: Hanley, Staffordshire,
England Civil Parish: Stoke Upon Trent
County/Island: Staffordshire Country:

Aurther Burton 2
Joseph Burton? 33 occ Joiner
Joseph Burton 6
Mary Burton 38
George Forrester 17
John Forrester 13 occ Potter
Sarah Forrester 10

Source Citation: Class: RG9; Piece: 1931; Folio: 82; Page: 30.

There is also a Hammond Family living with them

Maureen

bumblebee
25-08-2008, 9:08 AM
I have been trying to follow the above family.

I found a marriage in 1854 of a Joseph Burton with a HARRIET Forrester on the same page (does not mean they married each other of course).

Then this 1881 census. - I don't know if it is the same family.

Hanley

108 Well Street

Ann Burton 21 Daughter in Law
Arthur Burton 22 Married Son
Harriet Burton 56 Wife
John Burton 1 Grandson
Joseph Burton 52 Head, Carpenter
Joseph Burton 24 Son,
John Forrester 56 Married Cousin, born Kingsley, Insurance Agent
Joseph Gould 29 Lodger
Annie Taylor 19 Servant

Class: RG11; Piece: 2718; Folio: 98; Page: 16

Bumblebee

dietabix
25-08-2008, 9:24 AM
Hi Folks
I think the name Polly is a nickname for Mary who was Lily's younger sister.

You now have...if I am correct;)

Elizabeth who was a Lilly

Mary who was a Polly

Walter who was a Wally

Maureen

Here is another one ! !
Lily's daughter Dolly, late in life changed her name to Tina ! !

It must be a thing with my family
Tilly ................ Ops ! should be Sue

Have you noticed most end with ... lly :confused::confused:

maureen54
25-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Hi Dietbix,Bumblebee & Jan
Thanks for editing thepost for me Jan|hug|,Bumblebee it could be the same family?
Maybe the John Forrester b 1825 also the Insurance agent is the father of John Forresterb 1848 who was the Potter and the enumerator misunderstood in the 1861 census.
Did you find marriage in the Staffordshire BMD because thats what I saw too.
If John & Harriet are cousins we have to make the connection with them too;)

Dietabix
Yes I noticed that and actually its really silly...|biggrin|

Cheers
Milly oops Maureenxx
PS It must have something to do with em being born in HAN ILLY ha!! ha!! ha!! My Scouse humor coming thru!!

dietabix
25-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Hi Milly !

That's a good one Han illy, |jumphappy

The Scouse humour is still buried there, even after so long away

Tilly !

maureen54
25-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Have ter say this our kid!! (Tilly)
Yer can take a scouser outa Liverpool but yer cant take the Liverpool out of a Scouser and especially thier SILLY sense of Humor!!
It could also be all those POTS they made and driving all of us POTTY|biggrin||biggrin|

Milly|laugh1|

dietabix
25-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Well Milly

At least I have a good excuse ;)

Seeing as I come from the POTTERIES |jumphappy

Tilly

dietabix
27-08-2008, 8:51 AM
.......... HOLD THIS SPACE ! ! ......

I may have a break through ! !

On Genes Re Site there is an Elizabeth Forrester 1871, plus what I think may be her brothers and sisters. I have sent emu to the tree holder and am awaiting a reply, this may Eliz/Lily I am looking for, keeping my fingers crossed, will let you know out come as soon as I hear anything
Sue

bumblebee
27-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Fingers crossed, I hope you get a reply - but I shall miss all the Dolly's, Polly's, Tilly's Milly's, Lily's and Emus when you have sorted all this.....

Bumblebee

maureen54
27-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi Tilly & BumbleBee;)
I am waiting in suspense too and everything is crossed and whilst waiting I came up with a nickname for you BUMBLEBEE.

Bzzzilly:cool:

Milly xxxxxxxxxx

dietabix
30-08-2008, 1:38 PM
|jumphappy
WELL THIS LOOKS AS IT COULD BE IT ! !
Just received Birth Certificate for Lily ( Elizabeth ) Forrester and I think this is the one.
Born 11/02/1871 Her Father John Forrester, Potters Figure Maker, Mother Elizabeth Nee Wood of 27 Bright Street, Hanley, Stoke Upon Trent
That is the clincher ..... Potters Figure Maker ....... as on Lily's Marriage Certificate her father is John Forrester Potters Figure Maker :D
Could this really be her ?
Still don't know why she was called Lily and on Marriage Certificate she was younger than she really was, but that is something we shall never know.
Without all you guys out there this would never have been sorted, I could not have done it on my own, I |bowdown| |bowdown| to you all I can't thank you enough |hug|
Sue

bumblebee
30-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Good news, she would not have been the first woman to knock a few years off her age.......

Bumblebee

v.wells
31-08-2008, 1:19 AM
|jumphappy
WELL THIS LOOKS AS IT COULD BE IT ! !
Just received Birth Certificate for Lily ( Elizabeth ) Forrester and I think this is the one.
Born 11/02/1871 Her Father John Forrester, Potters Figure Maker, Mother Elizabeth Nee Wood of 27 Bright Street, Hanley, Stoke Upon Trent
That is the clincher ..... Potters Figure Maker ....... as on Lily's Marriage Certificate her father is John Forrester Potters Figure Maker :D
Could this really be her ?
Still don't know why she was called Lily and on Marriage Certificate she was younger than she really was, but that is something we shall never know.
Without all you guys out there this would never have been sorted, I could not have done it on my own, I |bowdown| |bowdown| to you all I can't thank you enough |hug|
Sue

Good job Sue! I am happy that you've had success at last:D

maureen54
01-09-2008, 8:39 PM
Hi Sue aka Tilly
|woohoo||woohoo|I am really made up up for you,this was an interesting topic as we had .......

A Lilly who should have been a Lizzie
and was born in Han-illy
with a Father who worked in a Pottery,
who downsized her age and died in Wallasey

Cheers
Silly Millyxxx|jumphappy

dietabix
01-09-2008, 9:22 PM
|wave| Thanks for everyones help, I too enjoyed the hunt, on the look out now for Lily's parents, John Forrester 1849 Hanley and Elizabeth Wood 1848 Hanley at the moment not able to pin them down. We had some laughs, even changing our names to 'illy's |biggrin| Hope the got the info through O.K. Milly.
Sue

bumblebee
01-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Hi Sue

This could be John and Elizabeths marriage,

Stoke on Trent, Q3, 1868, John Forrester with Elizabeth Wood on page, 6b 282. (others on page,)

On the 1861 census there is an Elizabeth Wood born Hanley, - Class: RG9; Piece: 1930; Folio: 108; Page: 17

Bumblebee

maureen54
03-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Hi Dietabix & Bumblebee.
Great work BB they where married on the

August 3rd 1868 in Northwood Stoke on Trent

Source IGI Index

Maureen|biggrin|

maureen54
04-09-2008, 2:21 AM
Hi Again|biggrin|

I think this maybe her family....

1861 Census........

Elizabeth Wood
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1847
Relation: Daughter
Father's Name: Job
Mother's Name: Elizabeth
Where born: Hanley, Staffordshire, England

Civil Parish: Burslem
Ecclesiastical parish: Christchurch
Town: Burslem
County/Island: Staffordshire

Street address:

Condition as to marriage: View Image

Registration district: Wolstanton
Sub registration district: Burslem

Household Members: Name Age
Elizabeth Wood 48
Elizabeth Wood 14
James Wood 16
Job Wood 51
John Wood 18
Mary Jane Wood 11
Rebekah M Wood 9
Samuel Wood 21

Source Citation: Class: RG9; Piece: 1930; Folio: 108; Page: 17;

Elizabeth was also in the pottery trade along with her family,the Fathers name is JOB WOOD and is consistent in the prior censuses.

Cheers
Maureen