PDA

View Full Version : Looking for KELLS in Ireland

Philipbacon
23-07-2008, 8:30 AM
I am a new user of BGF. Am looking for the KELLS family, Florence in particular. They lived in Ireland but moved out when the troubles started in the early 1900's. She married a vicar the Revd George Kerr (Bruce-Kerr) and lived in India and latterly Kenya.
I want to find out about her immediate family when they lived in Ireland. Can anyone help?
Philip

ChristineR
24-07-2008, 8:23 AM
Hello Philip |wave|
Welcome back to the Brit-Gen Forums. I hope someone can help you.

Do you know what part of Ireland that they lived in? Was Florence born there? Did she marry there?

What about Florence's parents - do you know any names, or her father's occupation?

Philipbacon
25-07-2008, 8:04 AM
Hello Christine,
Thank you for your reply. I believe that the family were from the south of Dublin and that she was born there in about 1895. I dont know her parents names but do have siblings as some are still within living memory of surviving relatives.
The story goes that they left Ireland during the problems, we presume that this is where she met George Bruce Kerr. We dont know where they married and have not found any marriage record in the customary places. They could even have met and married abroad as George was with the Amy and was posted to India in WW1.
Regards
Philip