PDA

View Full Version : William Win(g)field

Mike-win
20-07-2008, 8:21 PM
I have a William Winfield married to Mary Reading at Rickmanworth Herts Dec 1804. In Jan 1806 a daughter was borm but Mary died in childbirth.
In May 1807 William remarried (again in Rickmansworth) a Mary Golding (widow). What I need to know is Mary Goldings Maiden mame. Can anyone help Please.
Mike

colashbury
25-07-2008, 2:50 PM
Only thing that I can find is the marriage on the 13th of May in the place that you have stated.It only tells yer her name as it is,not at birth.Best thing to do is send for the marriage certificate.You have the names,the date and the place.Will give you all the other info on that.....Colin

Mike-win
25-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Hi Colin Thanks for your reply, sadly marriage certs did not come in until 1837.
Mike

idredge
26-07-2008, 1:12 AM
So you have her 2nd marriage do you know if she had any children from her first marriage if so do you know where they were born.

So try and find a Mr Goldin(gs) who died before 1807, then see if you can find his marriage and to a Mary it will take a bit of time but you may get lucky.

Do you have ancestry in the 1851 census ask for Goldin* born in Hert* there are only 32 follow the families and see if you can find one that is near Rickmansworth, then see if you can find any marriages to a Mary, you will have to check for his death as well.

How old was Mary when she died and when & where did she die.

There is no easy way around this but girls could marry at 12 not many did though, so you will have a time frame to look for. On the original marriages they should have of this parish or place they were from so it may be worth checking, also the witness may be some relation, but you would need to see the ones before/after to make sure that the same person(s) didn't witness the other marriages.

I have checked the marriages on Hugh Wallis Batch numbers for Rickmansworth for Goldings and Winfield only William & Mary's came up. This is a site like the IGI but you can put in the surname and search the parish register not all are on yet but it will list all the marriages for that surname in a parish.

Sorry I can't offer any other help good luck

Irene

birdlip
26-07-2008, 2:23 AM
Hi Mike,

this could be a possibility;

(IGI Family search) George GOOLDIN m Mary BIGG 23 Dec 1804 Hatfield Herts

Its the only Golding / Mary marriage I could find 1802 +/- 5 yrs in Herts. Its a bit of a hike to Rickmansworth though.

I couldn't find any children for this couple.

Does Mary Winfield survive to 1841? Or, even better, to 1851? First marriages were usually in the brides parish of course, so it would really help you to know where she was born.

The only other thing I can think of at the moment, is whether or not you know the full names of Wm and Mary's children? A family surname given as a middle name to one of the children could be a nice clue for you, but you may not be this lucky!

regards birdlip

Mike-win
30-07-2008, 9:24 PM
Hi Irene.
Hi Birdlip. Thank you both for your input. I think i've checked most of the things you have suggested, she is on the 1851 censue aged 68 but place of birth not known. Northwood & Harefield in Middx both boarder with Rickmansworth so will have to check those PRs. Thanks once again.
Mike-Win