PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Wallwork,thistlethwaite And Hoyle Surnames

stakes
05-01-2005, 5:21 PM
i have been tracing my family tree, but have now come to a stand still, i am looking for parents of a john and martha thistlethwaite , martha nee smith, both born 1819, john hornby and martha kirkby lonsdale, they had 5 sons at least john, james , william, daniel and a septimus,between 1847 and 1861?, i am also looking for wallworks i have a james wallwork 1791-1876 and his wife no maiden name not sure of birth year they had twelve children between 1821 and 1847, they were mary,elizabeth,john,james ellen,william, richard,robert,thomas,andrew lawrence, and doctor wallwork (this was his christian name as he was the 7th son of the 7th son, i have info on doctor as he was my g,g,g grandfather, one of his daughters married a jonny hoyle mill owner with the wallwork, they had a mill at edgeworth, lancs, doctors children were, mary,hannah,elley,elizabeth,clara,walter,robert,jo hn,james and harold, reply to julie

Wirral
08-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Hi Julie
The 1861 census lists another son to John & Martha - Adam age 6.

RG9/3164 page 9 folio 119 Hal Beck, Priest Hutton, Lancashire [near Carnforth]
John Thistlethwaite, head, M, farmer of 9 acres of land, Lancashire Hornby
Martha, wife, M, 42, farmer's wife, westmoreland, Kirkby Lonsdale
Daniel, son, 8, scholar, Lancashire Priest Hutton
Adam, son, 6, scholar, Lancs Priest Hutton
John, son, 2, scholar [?!], Lancs Priest Hutton

The IGI lists John & 8 siblings born at Hornby to James Thistlethwaite & Elizabeth between 1818 & 1840.

I have sent you an email with a link for the Wallworks - would take too long for me to type!

stakes
28-06-2005, 1:05 PM
hi, only just looked at site, but i have not recieved any email on wallwork, could you send again, [email protected]

Wirral
28-06-2005, 2:10 PM
I've sent the link again. If it does not come through let me know. It may be because you are with aol - it may be blocking the link. There again, I may have just miss-typed the address & some puzzled soul is wondering why I have sent them that page!

stakes
28-06-2005, 4:46 PM
link still not recieved, can you help, PLEASE

Wirral
28-06-2005, 5:11 PM
Have tried sending the census as an attachment by email to you.

stakes
28-06-2005, 5:16 PM
thanks alot i did not have this info, and yes it is my family, thanks again, julie

Diana Davies
16-11-2007, 1:47 PM
dear Julie,

I am looking for Wallworks in Bury (Tottington, Ramsbottom)/Rochdale (Norden, Bagslate, Birtle, Spotland, Heap) area- late 18th/early 19th century. Are yours from the same place?

Diana

Bens
14-03-2011, 6:23 PM
Hi Julie,
hope you can help, am looking for the above family for a friend. Also would love to know what you mean by Jane's father Doctor being names so because a 7th son etc!!
regards Hilary

i , and doctor wallwork (this was his christian name as he was the 7th son of the 7th son, i have info on doctor as he was my g,g,g grandfather, one of his daughters married a jonny hoyle mill owner with the wallwork, they had a mill at edgeworth, lancs, doctors children were, mary,hannah,elley,elizabeth,clara,walter,robert,jo hn,james and harold, reply to julie

Jan1954
14-03-2011, 6:33 PM
Hello Hilary - welcome to Brit-gen,

Unfortunately, Julie is no longer a member of the forum and so will not be able to reply to your message.