PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help work out which George is my Great Grandfather?

debbiefaulkner1
17-07-2008, 4:03 PM
My Great Grandfather was a man called George Daniels from Norwich, he married my G Grandmother Sarah Ann Emily Williams and I have a copy of the marriage cert. It gives his father as a John Daniels. I've tried to find his birth cert but there are approximatley 6-7 George Daniels born about the same time in Norwich. When I looked on the census's I found a George Daniels living on the same street as my Sarah Williams and I've assumed this is my George (his parents are John and Maria) It seemed a really good assumtion that my Sarah Williams was living a few doors away from the George Daniels she later married. Now I found a new relative who says she always thought George's parents where John Daniels and Sarah Reid!!!! Is there anyway to establish which George is the correct one? I was wondering if say the banns would have addresses on them and is there anywhere that these documents would be kept. Any suggestions gratefully received. Many thanks!!!

Mutley
17-07-2008, 4:47 PM
Hello,

You have not given us any dates so I cannot go and have a ferret around for you.

My first thought is whether John and Sarah had a George born about the same time, you don't say if you have established that. Or if you have found John and Sarah on a census or anywhere yet.

Free BMD does not have marriage listed for them.

The Parish records I have with banns only says if they are born in the parish or another parish. None have an address but others may be different.

debbiefaulkner1
17-07-2008, 5:02 PM
Georges date of birth was approx 1862, on the marriage cert it put's his age as 32 the date of his marriage to Sarah was March 25th 1894. I know the Sarah on the census doc's I've found is the right one has she had a son before her marriage called William Williams. Hope this info is of use!!! Thank you very much for helping me.

Mutley
17-07-2008, 6:00 PM
Ok I can see him now.

This George Daniels with parents John and Maria is there in Norfolk in the census. He is fairly consistent with his details. He was a carpenter, bricklayer, labourer and born 1861/62 in local places. Then is shown with Sarah in 1901. I would say he is the same man.

I cannot find another George Daniels anywhere (except Liverpool) with parents John and Sarah, that has the same birth year and occupation and then goes on to be with Sarah Williams in Norwich.

I would ask the relative for confirmation, at least of a John and Sarah Daniels with son George in Norfolk.

:D I'm on your side....

debbiefaulkner1
17-07-2008, 6:18 PM
Thanks Mutley

She mentioned something about her John's father being called simon and that her George lived a few streets away, but I've not found anything yet. I live in Salford so not able to do a lot of research on this side down in Norwich.

Really appreciate your help!!!