PDA

View Full Version : Soldier's photo

lorraineosborne
15-07-2008, 8:21 AM
I have a photo of my great uncle seated in a studio. In the left hand corner a photo of his mother with a child seems to be superimposed. My cousin sent me the photo and I was unsure if he had accidently done this when copying the photos to disk (there is a separate photo of the lady(my great grandmother) with the child. He assures me they are both originals (on Postcards) and they do have my aunts writing at the bottom saying who they are.
Has anyone come across this sort of thing - it looks very strange!

Lorraine Osborne|help||help|

maltonboy
15-07-2008, 8:25 AM
do you have a copy that we could look at? could you post it on photobucket or something and put a link here?

regards
maltonboy

lorraineosborne
15-07-2008, 10:39 AM
do you have a copy that we could look at? could you post it on photobucket or something and put a link here?

regards
maltonboy

I have put the photo on photobucket and here is the link
http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k408/lorchalabo/
I hope it works
Lorraine

Mutley
15-07-2008, 11:40 AM
I have a photograph taken in Egypt during the second world war. It has a view of a river with a pyramid in the background and people in Arab dress. Superimposed in the top right hand corner is a head and shoulders picture of my uncle in uniform. It is also on a postcard.

I always thought it was taken in Egypt but maybe not. Perhaps a particular company at the time was creating these pictures.

ash33au
15-07-2008, 11:45 AM
From a little bit of research, apparently superimposing was quite common in second world war photo's. I've even heard of people being superimposed onto battlefields long after the battle was finished.

This particular photo looks like something someone might have had done as a gift for someone who may have been away at war or simply even away from home for an extended period of time.