PDA

View Full Version : Charles Willoughby ./Sarah Harris.

susyswan
14-07-2008, 3:39 PM
Can any one help me please. Charles Willoughby was born in Kidlington Oxfordshire in 1829. Sarah Harris born in wolverhampton in 1832. father Walter Harris mother Elzabeth . Charles father William Willoughby mother Ann . Charles & Sarah married in Tipton in Staffordshire in 1852. after that the lived in West bromwich till they died. but i can't find them on the 1841 or 1851 cenus. there is a charles willoughby born Kiddington with mother Ann on the 1851 cencus but this is'nt him . can any one help please.

dcwilkes
14-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Charles Willoughby born 1829 Kiddington Ox
Appears in the 181 census living at: 50 Palace Street London Middlesex. Age 53.

Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability
Charles WILLOUGHBY Head M Male 53 Kiddington, Oxford, England Coachmakers Labourer
Esther WILLOUGHBY Wife M Female 40 Nearing, Essex, England
Eliz. WILLOUGHBY Daur Female 32 Beasah, Oxford, England Charwoman
Charles WILLOUGHBY G Son Male 4 m London, Middlesex, England

Any Good?

Don

susyswan
15-07-2008, 6:27 AM
Hello. My charles willoughby was born in KIDLINGTON. OXFORD. his wife was Sarah Harris. he was born in 1829 . sarah born 1832 wolverhampton. they may be living in Tipton staffordshire. thank you for your help.

Geoffers
15-07-2008, 8:58 AM
Can any one help me please. Charles Willoughby was born in Kidlington Oxfordshire in 1829. Sarah Harris born in wolverhampton in 1832. father Walter Harris mother Elzabeth . Charles father William Willoughby mother Ann.

To help try and identify them - what was William's occupation on Charles' marriage certificate?

Don't forget that a lot of people in institutions (Prisons, asylums and workhouses) were just recorded by initials especially in earlier censuses. You might try seaching for someone just recorded C W about the right age.

In 1841, there is a Charles WILLOUGHBY age 13, not born in county, recorded in the same entry as William WILLOUGHBY aged 35, bn - Essex - they are in Hornchurch HO107/330/13 f40 p22. heven't checked to see if they turn up there in later census returns and so can be discounted.

janbooth
15-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Susy,

This looks like your family in the 1851 census of West Bromwich, but Ancestry have transcrbed them as WATERBURY:

HO107/2026, folio 490, page 25
Cronehills

William WILLERBERY Lodger Widr 59 Labourer Oxfordshire Kilington
Charles do do Unm 20 do do do
John do do Unm 17 Errand Boy do do

They are lodging in the house of a Susanah MITCHAM??, aged 52 a widowed retired Brewer (I think - the writing is pretty awful). However, use the reference and the name that Ancestry have transcribed it as and see what you think.

There is a death registration in the September qtr 1837 at West Bromwich reg district, vol 18, page 350 of an Ann WILLOUGHBY which could be relevant to you.

This also looks like the family in the 1841 census of West Bromwich:

HO107/977/6, folio 11, page 14
North East Side of Crone Hills

William WILLEBE 45 Lab Born in the county yes
Charles do 13 yes
John do 10 yes

No wonder you could not find them!!

Hope this helps.

Janet