PDA

View Full Version : stalag 8B

cazmac
14-07-2008, 3:07 PM
hi is there anyone who was in stalag 8B or a relative who remembers the Mikado concert my dad was one of the three little maids we had photos but they have been lost . My dad was William Schofield Mc Knight may have been known as mac he was in royal army medical corp was taken prisoner on Crete and was repatriated before march 1944 as this was when he married mum.|bowdown| If you were there or have photos please contact me i will be very grateful for any info thanks
CAZ

William.G.
01-06-2010, 7:03 PM
Hello Caz my father was in stalag 8b his name was Bill Guile,he was in the Mikado concert and i have some photos of the concert.He was captured in Dunkirk and spent 5 years at stalag 8b,i also have some other photos of the camp.I only came across this web site last night and came across your letter hope to hear soon.John Guile

cazmac
02-06-2010, 7:12 PM
Hi John is there any way i could get a copy of these photos it would mean alot to me and my sisters. We lost dad in 2000 and the photos we had were there then but when we were sorting out after mum passed they were missing .Not sure how you go about putting photos on .My sister used to live in Luton ( now Spain) But my Neices are still in Luton. Will ait with Bated breath this has been a long search Thanks Caz

William.G.
02-06-2010, 7:45 PM
Hi Caz your welcome to see the photos i live in Bedford which isnt far from Luton.Maybe i can get some copies done and get them to you.I hope there the same ones your dad was in.My dad was in the concert but we cant remember what role he had.I hope this is of some help for you speak soon John.

cazmac
03-06-2010, 6:34 PM
Hi John I dont live in Luton just my nieces. I live in Wiltshire bit of a drive will be up soon if things go to plan regards Caz

William.G.
03-06-2010, 7:36 PM
Hi Caz i realise its your nieces that live in Luton,i have your email address now i will try to get some copies of the photos done and email them over to you.

cazmac
05-06-2010, 7:21 AM
Hi John that would be great i do intend to be in luton in june or july have to sort work out first many thanks regards Caz

William.G.
08-06-2010, 7:21 PM
Hi Caz i have managed to get the photos copied there are 12 photos 4 of which are related to the Mikado.If you want i can send them to you,i can understand if you dont want to put your address on line but if you call me on we can arrange it that way.The other 8 photos are to do with the camp .Speak soon John.

Moderators Note:

Hello John, I have edited this post and removed your telephone number. I do not think it is a good idea for your private number to be posted on a world wide web forum. Some people are not at all respective of others privacy.

If you click on the name cazmac a drop down list (third line down) gives you the option to send a Private Message. No one can see it other than you and Caz. You can make arrangements that way.

Good Luck to you both.

cazmac
15-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Hi John received photos thank you so much think my dad is in big group photo but can only see part of his face need a better magnifying glass.
Have copied them as my grand daughter is learning about WW2 at school and is going to use them in her project about P.O.W's ,If i ever find the ones we have lost with the programme will let you know.Many thanks again Caz

William.G.
17-06-2010, 7:30 PM
Hi Caz i am really pleased the photos contained your dad my dad has a cross above his head one in the football football team plus two others.I hope you find your missing photos good luck john.

Melindwr
22-04-2011, 3:57 PM
hi is there anyone who was in stalag 8B or a relative who remembers the Mikado concert my dad was one of the three little maids we had photos but they have been lost . My dad was William Schofield Mc Knight may have been known as mac he was in royal army medical corp was taken prisoner on Crete and was repatriated before march 1944 as this was when he married mum.|bowdown| If you were there or have photos please contact me i will be very grateful for any info thanks
CAZ

Hello CAZ. I've only just discovered this thread, so I hope that I haven't missed you. My wife's father (now dead) was Bob Tullett. He conducted the performance of The Mikado at Stalag 8B and the choir, too. We don't have any photos, sadly, but we do have an exercise book which he used as a diary. He kept the diary from the time he set off for Crete, through the conflict (he was a medical orderly at the British Field Hospital) and through most of the time in Stalag 8b. If you have managed to get any photos I'd be very delighted to see them.
very good wishes
Melindwr.

cazmac
28-05-2011, 3:22 PM
Hi Melindwr. have no photos as they went missing after my dads death in 2000 is there any reference to my dad in the diary he was also in field ambulance corps also known as mac or jock .I have just downloaded a lot of photos not of the mikado but other shows and people at stalag 8b from a member of the stalag8b site that iget updates from ,If you let me have your email address i will forward them on to you
regards Caz

helenc
18-09-2012, 5:50 PM
HI guys my grandad was also captured on crete and was sent to stalag 8b i would love to see the pics if poss as my grandad may be in them too pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssseeee