PDA

View Full Version : Royal Warwickshire Regiment

ianua1
14-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Hi,
I'm looking for information on a Thomas James Evans from Llanelli (Llanelly pre 1972), South Wales who joined the RWR in 1917. I believe that he was born in 1898-99 in Llwynypia in the parish of Ystradyfodwg, Glamorgan. He also lived his early life in Newquay, Cardigan. His father's name was also Thomas Evans. At sometime between 1917 and 1918, he was shot by German machine gun fire but survived. He died in 1946 through committing suicide in 17 Mansel Street, Llanelly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Procat
14-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Hello Ianua1 and welcome to the forum,

It can be very difficult knowing where to post your questions, however, it is not a good idea to post exactly the same question in more than one place. In the future - days, weeks, months even in years to come, someone may open this thread and give answers without realizing that extensive research and solutions have been given on the other thread.

I hope you don't mind if I close this thread and direct anyone interested to the WWI 1914 - 1918 forum.

If anyone thinks they can help Ianua1 please post the answers here (http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31626)

Good Luck with your research