PDA

View Full Version : DOHERTY FERMANAGH

annwilkie
14-07-2008, 1:02 AM
I have reached a DEAD END with my Doherty family.
Would anyone out there know anything about CHARLES DOHERTY who was b around 1843 we believe around Enniskillen and went to live in Kendal Westmoreland sometime after. ANYTHING would help re his Irish connection.
Thanks

Strangford
21-07-2008, 8:02 PM
There is a Charles Doherty mentioned in Griffiths Valuation 1862 living in Enniskillen. .http://www.failteromhat.com/griffiths/fermanagh/enniskillen.php

Jane

annwilkie
01-12-2009, 2:35 AM
Thanks but I think they had gone to England by then....hopeless trying to get birth/parents details if you can't get to Ireland, I live in Australia and itis soooooo frustrating!

Rove
01-12-2009, 6:05 AM
Hi Annwilkie

First of all I don't know much about Ireland. I do have Branson and McAuliffe connections from Ireland in my family but have given up any serious research on both of them.

My sister here in Australia married a Farren from Gourock in Scotland and the Farrens hail from Shrove and Moville in County Donegal. Don'e know if that is close to your search area.

About eight years back I started doing some research on the Farren family but after a short while my brother in law John Farren lost interest and I stopped.

They did show me a letter that mentioned the DOHERTY conections to the FARREN family

Here are a couple of lines which may interest you:

The heading is :

THE FARRENs OF SHROVE AND MOVILLE, COUNTY DONEGAL IRE.

Another line from the letter:

There are so many DOHERTYs in SHROVE they are not known by DOHERTY, but as Tailors, Skippers, Hods, etc whatever their following the nickname was given.

----

Any connection to your Doherty?