PDA

View Full Version : FATHER OF EDWARD ROBERTSON ????????

robbiej
12-07-2008, 12:36 PM
I Thank everyone for their help in this, it has been very valuable and a lot of help to me, BUT I am desperate to find who the father is of Edward Robertson B/1821 (who married Elizabeth Glen) I have the info up to him, but cannot get further until I can find this Father !|banghead|
Edward Robertson Died 1900. in Sth Leith
I have I think, exhausted every avenue I can think of - and searched Scotland'sPeople lists without success. Have also tried many vaiations of names and short names...again without any luck.
|help||help||help|

Mutley
12-07-2008, 1:39 PM
Hello RobbieJ,
I have removed your username and password for photobucket that you gave on your post. I am not sure it is a good idea to post those details on an open forum. There are some strange people around who, once they have access, can add and take away and do all sorts of devilment.

If you click on the insert image icon you can put in the link to the death certificate for people to see. If you have a problem doing this, just ask and someone here will help.

robbiej
13-07-2008, 1:24 AM
Thanks Mutley - I didn't think that it would matter as that & a copy of the Death Cert is all that is there. However I bow to your knowledge and agree. One can never be too careful.
I have no idea how to put that link in.... Could you do it for me ?
Pretty Please....|hug|

MarkJ
13-07-2008, 1:44 AM
A blow by blow account of how to do the photobucket thing -

http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30819

It is really easy to follow (thanks Mary!!).
Mutley is quite correct - if you post your password for photobucket online, you would quickly discover your pictures would be substituted for all sorts of unpleasant things :(
Sadly, the world in general, and the computing world in particular, has a tiny minority of miscreants who find spoiling other peoples work fun :(

If you follow the link above and give it a go, I am sure you will have no problem uploading the pictures here. But, if you do hit a snag, then one of the Moderators should be able to help :)

Cheers,
Mark

Mutley
13-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Thanks Mark,

Do have a go Robbie, we all love looking at certificates.

Don't forget, shout if you get stuck ;)

robbiej
14-07-2008, 4:36 AM
Oh Deary Me... I cannot grasp it... CANNOT FIND HERE.. WHERE TO POST THE LINK
They are already in Photobucket and Mary's instructions didn't ..to me.. say how to get them from there to here..(that I could fathom).. Sorry for being such a dimwit !!
IF someone/Mutley.. could tell me how to load them here.... I will do so from my computer. There are four.. Gt/ Grandfathers Cert - which I think Mary has seen, as she was going to investigate it for me, and then there are the two of his Photo Album.

ChristineR
14-07-2008, 4:50 AM
It isn't real easy to load them here either as they need to be under a certain size.

I have only had the one trip or two to photobucket, but from what I recall

after you have put your picture in photo bucket, there is a drop down box further down the page with a list of 'links' to use to send people to your image.

You 'copy' that link - it goes to your computer clipboard, and then you come here to BG and 'paste' it into your thread.

I cannot grasp it... CANNOT FIND HERE.. WHERE TO POST THE LINK

You can just add a reply to this and 'paste' it there - or choose to edit your original post and 'paste' it there.

I just read the instructions from Mary - that is all it is to it - but it is very hard to spot the links to use the first time (it was for me anyhow)

Have another go, and if you cannot get it, please feel free to PM one of us and we will do it for you.

Christine

robbiej
15-07-2008, 1:20 AM
WELL... I don't know if any of these will work, but at least I have tried. Success ???? Here is hopeing that one will.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll310/mycerts/EDWARD1821RobDEATH190079YRSb1821.jpg

Hi Robbie
I have removed the images as the link to photobucket is working fine - well done !
Christine

ChristineR
15-07-2008, 7:05 AM
Actually, I came back later after I realized that it wasn't linked quite right, but was leaving your photobucket account vulnerable.

I have copied the "direct link" url from the drop down box under the image you wanted.

Now to work out what the father's name is - apart from a deceased Mr Robertson. I suppose he is whoever married Margaret More.

Need to decide on that first letter - a K or a H, or something else.

ChristineR

Mutley
15-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Well done Christine and Robbie.

I have enlarged the column and stuck it here hoping someone will spot it on the way past, because I really cannot read it.

I want to say it is Robert, it looks similar to the beginning of Robertson but the R is not as swirly? Don't know....

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r297/MutleyBG/EDWARD1821RobDEATH.jpg

robbiej
16-07-2008, 4:27 AM
YOU Wonderful people... Thank you everyone... Big Time...
I believe that MR ARCHER who signed it, is known for his eratic and flourishing writing.|nopity|
Well... here's to all fingers crossed, as I have exhausted a long list of names, big and small !|blush| trying to find him....
I just cannot get any further with any family line on my Father's kin till it is solved.
Oh to live in Scotland !!!

joette
16-07-2008, 4:08 PM
Try posting the same on TalkingScot-there are many there who are good at deciphering Mr Archer's & others handwriting.
I guarantee you a result!