PDA

View Full Version : Public Thank You to Blue Eyes

v.wells
10-07-2008, 3:10 AM
Blue Eyes went a few blocks from her home and took some photos of my father's birth home and my birth home in Lewisham. I had never seen pics before and I was thrilled to receive them. The photos were perfect and made me feel a deeper connection to those addresses. My father was born and raised on Summerfied St and lived there until he got married. My parents lived at 83 Wellmeadow Rd from the beginning of WW2 until we emigrated in 1952. I was only 3 when we left. I never had the opportunity on my English visits to go and see these homes.

So |hug||hug|Julie. Your kindness to a perfect stranger is truly heartening and I will endeavour to pass on that kindness to another stranger.

Our B-G forum is truly blessed with people such as yourself. What seems a tiny effort can really cheer a body!

Waitabit
10-07-2008, 3:22 AM
Hear,Hear. Isn't that how life should be? It seems to be carried thro' on this Forum.

cheers Wendy

susan-y
10-07-2008, 4:08 AM
That's great Vanessa:) What a thrill to see where your Dad lived and where you were born!!

I received a similar gesture( cemetary pics and baptisim records) from someone on this forum awhile ago and couldn't thank them enough and more recently a distant cousin found on GR who lives in Godmanchester went out and took pictures of where my gr.grandparents lived in the 1800's. What a thrill for those of us who can't get there in person!

I'm sure that one of these days we will have the opportunity to pass on the favour.

Sue

MarkJ
10-07-2008, 8:19 AM
Brilliant! Well done to Blue Eyes for taking the time to do that - and how nice to be able to see your old home Vanessa!

Mark

Jan1954
10-07-2008, 9:02 AM
I am sitting here with a tear in my eye. :o

That is so lovely, Vanessa.

Julie (Blue Eyes) you are a star! |hug|

Mutley
10-07-2008, 1:02 PM
A thread like this is a joy :)

It makes all the odd moans, groans, spats and differences that we have slink off into the background.

Caring and sharing is what we do well

http://www.smileys4me.com/getsmiley.php?show=4571

*bunty*
12-07-2008, 1:40 PM
Woo hoo to you Blue Eyes :D. What a nice thing to do for a fellow member :).