PDA

View Full Version : GenesReunited

BeeE586
07-07-2008, 2:04 PM
As the result of a contact on GR I bought the CD of Old Swinford and have been reviewing my Worcestershire ancestry, and have confirmed what I long suspected - a marriage between two 1st cousins in the early 1800's. So, I have two trees coming down to present day that I would like to combine to show that Liddia Parkes who married Job Bridgwater was sister to Benjamin Parkes who married Mary Brown, but GR FAQ's tell me that I can't. Elijah Bridgwater (son of Job and Liddia) then married Mary Parkes (daughter of Benjamin and Mary) and were my 2 gr grandparents.

Can it be done, or do I have to scrub one tree and re-enter ? Someone surely knows a way, and any advice will be much appreciated.

Eileen

maltonboy
07-07-2008, 2:27 PM
i have come across this problem with GR. i had something very similar happened to me on that website and got the same reply. i tried fiddling with it to no success. somebody else might have a solution or know of a different program you can buy.

sorry if thats not been good news but good luck with it. i'll be keeping an eye on this thread as i'd forgotten about this problem so i'll see what ideas other people have.

regards
maltonboy

suedent
07-07-2008, 3:00 PM
I have several occurrences of such marriages within families ie.cousin marriages & a brother & sister marrying another pair of siblings.

I've resorted to entering the information twice in each case with a note that W appears elsewhere in my tree as the son/daughter of X & Y or the husband/wife of Z.

websterbfc
07-07-2008, 3:45 PM
i also have entered the info twice, and had read difficulties making sence of it on gr, on the package i have on my computer it is not so bad as it flags up who is the same person

my prob is two brothers who married then 15 generations later a descendant from one brother married a descendant from the other (my inlaws) oh how surprised they were when i told them they were related!!;)

susan-y
07-07-2008, 7:27 PM
I find GR is very good about getting back to me when I have a concern...have you tried emailing them about this problem?:)
Sue

BeeE586
07-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Thank you all. I have put a cross reference note in both parts of the tree, but would like to combine the trees if possible. I too have had prompt and sensible replies from GR in the past but thought I would try the Forum first.

Eileen