PDA

View Full Version : This is one for all you hardcore out there....

Sandyhall
01-07-2008, 6:19 PM
|biggrin|

Didn't know where to post this so hope its all right here....

Have I got a puzzle here :D all I have is that a lady called Francesca from Italy married a Gentleman called Charles Gunn, he may have been Scotish.
Don't know where and don't know when, don't have any dates of birth nothing, zilch. |banghead|

Looking for the Ladies maiden name and date of marriage.

Any takers out there please, no prizes just a big smiley face and a hug if you find anything :)|hug|

Sandy

Jan1954
01-07-2008, 6:25 PM
Okay, Sandy.

What else do you know??????

The century? Any children? Any vague location?

(Thinks: this might take some time...)

MarkJ
01-07-2008, 6:31 PM
Already tried FreeBMD from Sept 1837 through to a nominal 1950 (yep - I know the BMD index there doesn't go that far yet!). Tried Gunn Charles + Francesca, Gunn + Francesca (without the Charles, in case he had a different first name).... nothing at all.

As Jan says, anything which will help would be good.This is going to be hard to track down.

Mark

Sandyhall
01-07-2008, 7:45 PM
Thanks for all your replies big |hug| to you all, I know some of you like a challenge sometime.

This is what happened today when I went to the Library at Brackley to do a lookup in the Parish records. As I finished and was taking them back to the desk their was this sweet little old lady their wanting someone to do a lookup for her on the Computers, she hadn't got a clue as to how to use a Computer and their was no staff available to help her. Me being the nice person that I am|angel| (sticky beak really) said I would help. You have to pay to use the computer in the Library which she didn't want to do ! So I said give me the details and your tel no and I will have a look at home for you and then give you a call with what I find out.

The first post is all that she knew Francesca from Italy married Charles Gunn maybe from Scotland.

I'll maybe give her a ring to morrow to see if she can remember anything else I looked on A******y and FreeBMD but didn't come up with anything.

Sandy
Ps sorry put the post on Northamptonshire cause thats where I live and didn't know where to post it. Thanks for moving it.

MarkJ
01-07-2008, 10:43 PM
not that this is much help really but i did a quick search for a charles gunn & Francesca marrying in scotland on scotlands people. For 1553 to 1932 no records were found, so that is one less place worth looking

Curses! That was going to be my next theory - that they married in Scotland.
I am beginning to wonder if somewhere the lady has confused things - perhaps the names are not quite right or something here...
Hopefully, Sandy will be able to coax a little more info from the lady :)

So, who can get hold of the Italian BMD index? :D

Mark

Sandyhall
02-07-2008, 9:28 AM
Just spoke to Maggie and here's an update

Francesca and Charles were her grandparents.
Her mothers name was Louisa Accon Gunn b 9 Jan either 1905 or 1907
So now of to have another look

Sandy

Accon could be the mothers surname
oh and she lived in London as a child (the mother Louisa that is):confused:

Jan1954
02-07-2008, 9:39 AM
Sandy - why the confusion over the year of birth for Louisa?

Does Maggie have a copy of her parents marriage certificate as it would hopefully have Louisa's age on it, as well as the occupation for Charles. This, in turn, may provide some more clues, especially if he was of a trade that could take him travelling.

Jan1954
02-07-2008, 9:45 AM
It looks like she was registered with Louisa being her second name:

Accon Louisa Gunn, Jan to Mar 1905, Yarmouth District, volume 4b, page 33 or 38 (can't quite make it out...)

Sandyhall
02-07-2008, 9:50 AM
Hi
Confusion over the birth she just doesn't know, think shes forgotten a lot of things she must be in her late 70 early 80.

But :D think I've had a breakthrough just found a death of a Accon Louisa Bannerman, date of birth 9 Jan 1905, Death March qtr 1987, age 82, Daventry, Northants.
Its just got to be her mother with a name like Accon.

Sandy

Jan1954
02-07-2008, 9:52 AM
Looks like we are on the ame track, Sandy.

The birth certificate should still provide Francesca's maiden name plus the occupation of Charles.

Sandyhall
02-07-2008, 9:53 AM
Hi Jan

sorry we are cross posting

Yes thats got to be her

You |angel|

Sandy

Jan1954
02-07-2008, 10:00 AM
So, if Francesca came from Italy, Louisa was born in the Yarmouth area and lived as a child in London, it looks like Charles had a travelling job of some sort. Army?

Can you make out the birth page number?

websterbfc
02-07-2008, 10:14 AM
looks like this is the childs birth

Name: Accon Louisa Gunn
Year of Registration: 1905
Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
District: Yarmouth (1837-1924)
County: Norfolk
Volume: 4b
Page: 33

oops too late see jan already posted lol

Jan1954
02-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks, Webby - at least you have confirmed the page number :)

Sandyhall
02-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Hi

A********y has it as 33.

My daughter is going to drop a note in to Maggie on her way to work as she passes the Sheltered Accommodation where she lives and I will ring again later to see If she wants to get the Birth Cert.
I am just about to go to do some lookups in the Library so will be off line all afternoon.

Thanks for all your help |hug|
I think we've made someones day for them

Sandy

websterbfc
02-07-2008, 10:20 AM
only looks like 33 to me, it quite unclear though

not always good to believe A****** as they are not always accurate lol

websterbfc
02-07-2008, 10:23 AM
cant find a marriage on FreeBMD or A****** may need to go page by page or order birth to get mothers maiden name

michaelpipe
02-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Hi

But :D think I've had a breakthrough just found a death of a Accon Louisa Bannerman, date of birth 9 Jan 1905, Death March qtr 1987, age 82, Daventry, Northants.
Its just got to be her mother with a name like Accon.

Sandy

Maybe she married twice - there is a marriage as follows:

Accon L GUNN & Frederick A COOTE, Dec Qtr 1925 Edmonton Vol 3a Page 1311

Michael

bumblebee
02-07-2008, 12:29 PM
There is a birth and a death for an Accon Gunn 1900, Edmonton. Could be a relation as it is an unusual name.

bumblebee

Sandyhall
10-07-2008, 2:00 PM
Hi all

Just an update today :)

Have just recived copy of Accon Louise Gunn's Birth cert. born 9 Jan 1905, Father William Frederick Gunn, General Laborer.
Mother Frances Gunn formerly Brinkley.
Born in a Van - Queen Anne's Road, Southdown, Gorleston, Yarmouth.

Had a look for a marriage can't find one on A******y or FreeBMD
so did a search of all on FreeBmd for Frances Brinkley found a birth 1873 Ipswich and a death 1917 Epsom age 43 which would make it about right.
Is it a possibility that they never married.
anyone got any thoughts on this or could anyone do a lookup in Yarmouth Parish records for me.

Thanks Sandy

PS Just had a blonde moment or could it be more of a senior moment.

Looked for marriage between Gun and Brinkley came up with this
Marriages Mar 1901
Brinkley Fanny Edmonton 3a 423
Gunn Fred Edmonton 3a 423
JACQUES Ernest Martin Edmonton 3a 423
RELFE Nellie Edmonton 3a 423

Think thats it.....

ash33au
14-07-2008, 11:26 AM
According to 1881 UK Census there is a Frances BRINKLEY aged 7 born in Ipswich, Suffolk.

Dwelling Prospect Road
Census Place Ipswich St Mathew, Suffolk, England

Family History Library Film 1341451
Public Records Office Reference RG11
Piece/Folio 1869 / 91
Page Number 19

ash33au
14-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Is this him?

WILLIAM FREDERICK GUNN
Christening: 15 OCT 1864 Lilleshall, Shropshire, England
Father: WILLIAM GUNN