PDA

View Full Version : private joseph sabelberg

david walker
01-07-2008, 12:58 AM
can somebody help me with a query about boer war service medals my relative,joseph francis sabelberg served in the 2nd batt ,australian commonwealth horse (vic)reg no 586,i know theire are the queens and kings service medals were can i find which he would have received ,regards david

ladysmith
01-07-2008, 7:37 AM
David - The Queen's South Africa Medal rolls for the Australian Commonwealth Horse are in sub-series WO 100/293 at the National Archives in Kew. You should be able to order from the NA a photocopy of the page with your man's name on.

The King's South Africa Medal rolls are also in series WO 100 but the ACH were relatively late arrivals in South Africa and I've never seen or heard of a KSA awarded to them. All the examples of QSAs I've seen to the ACH have clasp combinations with some or all of Cape Colony, Orange Free State, Transvaal, South Afica 1901 and South Africa 1902.

Regards, David

david walker
02-07-2008, 4:08 AM
dear ladysmith thank you for your help in regards to my query ,kind regards david walker

hughesrj
02-07-2008, 10:01 AM
David - a quick record search of the National Archives of Australia (http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/recordsearch.aspx) identifies JFS as having a record (barcode number 1575903) . You can request a digital record of his full service record online for a small fee.

rj