PDA

View Full Version : Robert L Fenwick

grantfenwick
24-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Hello I'm a new poster

I'm trying to unravel a family story/mystery. The story goes that a relative of mine, Robert L Fenwick, was killed on the Repulse in 1941. Apparently he was an engine room articifer. I cant find any mention of him whatsoever. He was born in Portsmouth in 1923. His parents were Robert Jerrod Fenwick and Daisy Goodyear who married in Portsmouth in 1917. Robert Jerrod was a stoker on the Royal Yacht.
Can anyone shed any light on this?

Regards

Grant

grantfenwick
24-06-2008, 12:50 PM
By the way there is no mention of him on the Commonwealth Graves website

Geoffers
25-06-2008, 7:25 AM
Welcome to the Britih-Genealogy forums

I'm trying to unravel a family story/mystery. The story goes that a relative of mine, Robert L Fenwick, was killed on the Repulse in 1941. Apparently he was an engine room articifer.

He should be included in the WW2 Naval deaths index which can be searched on fiches at record centres or online via the pay-per-view site 'findmypast'.

I had a look - four Fenwicks are included in the WW2 deaths but no deaths on Repulse and no Robert Fenwicks who died in the RN.

Does his next-of-kin have his service record? What is the source for the family story?

keith9351
25-06-2008, 9:04 AM
Not shown on casualties list for Repulse

http://www.naval-history.net/xDKCas1941-12DEC1.htm#repulselost

Looking how young he was, he could have joined giving a false name and age.

Keith

grantfenwick
26-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks for that.

Thats all Ive been told, the source of info is my dad, he just said it was a family story. No next of kin or service record as far as we know. I`ll see if I can track down any more info and let you know, thanks for your time.