PDA

View Full Version : WW 1 Death certicficate

CLIVEAnjean
24-06-2008, 9:01 AM
Hi
Has anyone got any ideas as to where I can locate my 2xgreat uncles death certificate. I have been down all the normal routes. I have been incontact with the GRO, looked on both UK and Army Death records and use every possible spelling date ect to try and find him |banghead| it's driving me mad. I don't know where to go from here. If someone said to me well he has not got one, then I could except it but to be on a Panel at Loos memoral and on the memeoral at his local church , there must be some record of his death. I know I am not going to get much information off of it but it's like having a missing piece of a puzzle. His name was Private Harry Burrluck d. 25.9.1915 he was in the Ist Battalion of Queens Royal West Surreys. and was in the 2nd Division. in the area where he was Killed in Action his base was Le Quesnoy. He was born in Ryarsh kent. and His name is in St Micheals Church Tonbridge Road Maidstone. he was a quoir boy there before going off to war. Thank you to anyone who can help.
Angie.

ChristineR
24-06-2008, 9:53 AM
Hi Angie

have a look at this thread, the same question was asked by someone else, so the same advice will stand.

http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12598

If you have tried all those avenues already, then there must not be an actual death certificate issued. They may have been presumed dead because they were missing after action.

Christine

zeno
28-06-2008, 3:00 PM
Hi
Has anyone got any ideas as to where I can locate my 2xgreat uncles death certificate. I have been down all the normal routes. I have been incontact with the GRO, looked on both UK and Army Death records and use every possible spelling date ect to try and find him |banghead| it's driving me mad. I don't know where to go from here. If someone said to me well he has not got one, then I could except it but to be on a Panel at Loos memoral and on the memeoral at his local church , there must be some record of his death. I know I am not going to get much information off of it but it's like having a missing piece of a puzzle. His name was Private Harry Burrluck d. 25.9.1915 he was in the Ist Battalion of Queens Royal West Surreys. and was in the 2nd Division. in the area where he was Killed in Action his base was Le Quesnoy. He was born in Ryarsh kent. and His name is in St Micheals Church Tonbridge Road Maidstone. he was a quoir boy there before going off to war. Thank you to anyone who can help.
Angie.
Do you have his Army Number? if not it's G/3761 Working on it & will come back to you.

Peter Goodey
28-06-2008, 4:46 PM
Applt to Overseas Branch of GRO giving them the information you have.

CLIVEAnjean
30-06-2008, 3:33 PM
Yes his army number was G/3761. I have been in contact with the GRO who looked on the Army overseas but have not got any records of him. got information of his name on a panel in Loos from the Commonwelth Graves site. I do know that the GRO can miss some out people as I had to apply to Norfolk registry office for my great grandfathers brith certificate as I couldn't find it on Uk GRO. Thanks Zeno for looking for me.