PDA

View Full Version : Muirkirk Churchyard MIs Plea

sally
23-06-2008, 9:39 PM
Wondering if anyone has Muirkirk Churchyard MIs or will be visiting the Dick Institute either this week or next.

I am hoping to visit Muirkirk in 2 weeks but will only have a limited time there and believe the Churchyard has over 260 stones.

The two stones I am hoping to find are -
Thomas MURDOCH & wife Margaret TEMPLETON both died pre 1841
and
James MURDOCH died between 1843 & the 1851 census & wife Anne GIBSON died pre Aug 1833.

In order to find the stones I need the number given to each one on the transcriptions of the MIs.

My husband says he would be really pleased if one of you can help as although he quite likes walking round Churchyards idly reading the odd old inscription he does not like walking round the ones where he has to help search for ancestors inscriptions.

Regards
Sally

sally
27-06-2008, 6:16 PM
As a few people have read this posting which may be because they also have ancestors in Muirkirk I thought I would let anyone reading this know that the Dick Institute came up trumps & have helped me with my MURDOCHs. Unfortunately none of the people I listed are on the MIs but at least I don't have to spend time looking for non existant inscriptions.

Regards
Sally