PDA

View Full Version : Semmence

jeanhemm
01-01-2005, 5:00 PM
Hi Guys

New to the forum and am looking for any information regarding my gt gt grandfather Edwin Semmence (Simmons) that anyone may have stumbled across. Edwin was a master cordwainer of Duke Street according to the 1851 Census and Slater's General and Classified Directory of Birmingham 1852-1853. His son Edwin and son-in-law William Adams' occupations were gunmakers-stockers. Also my gt grandfather Henry Howe of Aston, his occupation was a gunmaker but in latter days had a birdshop in Aston.

Rossbret
04-01-2005, 6:02 PM
Hi Guys

New to the forum and am looking for any information regarding my gt gt grandfather Edwin Semmence (Simmons) that anyone may have stumbled across. Edwin was a master cordwainer of Duke Street according to the 1851 Census and Slater's General and Classified Directory of Birmingham 1852-1853. His son Edwin and son-in-law William Adams' occupations were gunmakers-stockers. Also my gt grandfather Henry Howe of Aston, his occupation was a gunmaker but in latter days had a birdshop in Aston.
Hi Jean,
Welcome to the Birmingham Forum.
You already seem to have gathered some information regarding Edwin ..... are you looking for his Birth and Parents? or general information?

All the best, Jan

jeanhemm
03-12-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks I have been offline for some time and getting back into the research - I am looking for any general information on the Semmence and Adams family. I have gathered a fair bit - some still to be verified though. Any information on William Adams family would be great especially from his first marriage to Amelia Bassett - parents etc.

Thanks