PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone read this please

pejay
22-06-2008, 3:00 PM
|banghead| Hi there can anyone please read this I can see it says Redhill Co Cavan but What is underneath? I am not sure if it is part of the address. Any suggestions most welcome. Sorry I can't get this picture to load, must be doing something wrong! I thought it was too good to be true. Anyway it reads Redhill, Co Cavan then underneath in brackets it is ride or side then it looks like repost and it ends in side I think though I am not sure

Sue Mackay
22-06-2008, 3:22 PM
|banghead| Hi there can anyone please read this I can see it says Redhill Co Cavan but What is underneath? I am not sure if it is part of the address. Any suggestions most welcome.

No picture has come through. If it is a census entry, can you give us the reference?

Jan1954
22-06-2008, 3:24 PM
Pejay is having some problems in uploading the image.

I have PMd instructions.

pejay
22-06-2008, 3:27 PM
not a census entry a discharge paper stating intended place of residence.will try and send again

MarkJ
22-06-2008, 3:42 PM
I expect Jans PM explains it, but for general information, the forum doesn't allow uploads apart from very tiny ones (e.g avatars).
The best bet is to stick the image onto an online site such as photobucket or similar and then link to that from your post. There is a very good how-to use photobucket on the forum somewhere...

Mark

pejay
22-06-2008, 4:44 PM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/ShikariDragon/0.jpg

Thanks for replying. Hope this works!

Jan1954
22-06-2008, 4:53 PM
Looks like "side report inside" to me... :confused:

pejay
22-06-2008, 5:00 PM
what could this mean? I have army records but nothing with more of an address:confused:

Browneyes
22-06-2008, 5:27 PM
Hi Pejay,

I was interested in your post and having a few minutes to spare and an inquisitive nature :D so I googled County Cavan and wondered if you had this information already: Genuki has a bit of information about 'Cavan Born Soldiers British Census' and 'Cavan Militia', all accessed from their 'County Cavan' page.

Browneyes

Eve Foreman
22-06-2008, 10:13 PM
It says 'vide' which is Latin for see.

So the whole phrase reads - (See report inside).

I've seen 'vide' used for see quite a lot in certain family records.

Eve

pejay
23-06-2008, 11:00 AM
:confused: Thanks for your replies, they are all helpful. I have copies of some of his service records. but nothing with an address. I would never have got vide in a million years.perhaps Redhill was a small rural hamlet at that time?

Mutley
23-06-2008, 4:46 PM
:confused: Perhaps Redhill was a small rural hamlet at that time?

I think it still is. Google maps have it listed.

Browneyes
23-06-2008, 6:42 PM
Redhill is now known as Redhills in County Cavan. Cavan is a about halfway between Galway and Belfast. Redhills is about 8 miles from Cavan.

Have you tried http://www.nationalarchives.ie/index.html ?
Browneyes

pejay
25-06-2008, 2:09 PM
Thanks for replies and web address I have ear marked it. Would it be worth trying PRONI for any records? I have tried the GROIRE before|wave|

pejay
11-07-2008, 6:56 PM
Hi there just an update I am waiting for replies from St Brigid's in Redhills , and also Northern Ireland Register Office.

v.wells
11-07-2008, 9:21 PM
Hi there just an update I am waiting for replies from St Brigid's in Redhills , and also Northern Ireland Register Office.

Great stuff! And be sure to let us know the time it took to hear back from N. Ireland. I have been delaying as I don't want to wait months for a response.:)

Mutley
11-07-2008, 9:38 PM
Thanks for the update Pejay.
It is good to know how members get on.
Though my lot are South of the border, I shall be keeping an eye as to the results of your enquiry.

Good Luck for a positive response. xx

Lee Tatler
12-07-2008, 5:26 AM
|banghead| Hi there can anyone please read this I can see it says Redhill Co Cavan but What is underneath? I am not sure if it is part of the address. Any suggestions most welcome. Sorry I can't get this picture to load, must be doing something wrong! I thought it was too good to be true. Anyway it reads Redhill, Co Cavan then underneath in brackets it is ride or side then it looks like repost and it ends in side I think though I am not sure

Hi it looks like repost/inside? whatever that means, hope this helps, Lee:)

pejay
12-07-2008, 4:31 PM
Hi thanks to all for suggestions just had letter back today and cheque returned!! saying there are no records in N Ireland for this. |banghead| It only took a week I was very surprised at the quick response :D - so hopefully better luck from St Brigid's in Redhill, fingers crossed ....

pejay
01-08-2008, 2:14 PM
Hello just a quick update - still waiting for a reply from St Brigid's. |wave|

pejay
10-09-2008, 1:50 PM
Still awaiting reply. I have about given up hope, |banghead|but my cheque hasn't yet been cashed so who knows.......|wave|

Mutley
10-09-2008, 2:03 PM
Patience is a virtue!

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii177/1volupturary_manque/DirtDOG.gif

pejay
26-09-2008, 2:45 PM
yes so they say - maybe next year? |banghead||wave|

Hall/Swan
18-10-2008, 5:15 PM
Can't help without seeing his name and regiment, it's ok if you don't want to say but Google his surname and them Advance Google that with his regiment detailed on report!

HTH

pejay
31-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Hi there, thanks for your reply, sorry for the delay I have only found the posting. His name was Owen Kelly and he served in the 10th foot [2nd battalion] which later became the Lincolnshire Regt unfortunately his name is extremely common, and I really have cometo a huge brick wall with him, but I would welcome any suggestions/advice |wave|

Jade26
31-10-2008, 10:19 PM
It says 'vide' which is Latin for see.

So the whole phrase reads - (See report inside).

I've seen 'vide' used for see quite a lot in certain family records.

Eve

I agree with Eve that this is what it says. Trish

pejay
07-11-2008, 2:42 PM
thanks for reply |wave|

Hall/Swan
08-11-2008, 4:23 PM
St Brigid's what? There is a St Brigid's school, church, parochial house in Redhills..no hospital.. Is St Brigid's mentioned in his records?

Was he from Redhill??

St Brigid's Church, Killoughter, Redhills

From http://www.kilmorediocese.ie/home

In the year 1790 Rev. Owen O'Reilly, P.P. erected a thatched chapel at Killoughter cross. The present St Brigid's Church was built in the year 1839 by Rev. Charles O'Reilly, P.P.
In 1947 it was necessary to undertake the repair of this more than a century old chapel, this work was undertaken by Rev. Owen Traynor, C.C., who did a splendid job. It took three years to complete the work. The total cost was slightly over £11,000 and the funds were raised within the parish.

St. Brigid's has been recently decorated and painted and is one of the most beautiful rural chapels in any part of Ireland. It seats 800 people and a new cemetery has been acquired in recent years at the back of the church.

pejay
14-11-2008, 12:43 PM
He originally came from Annagh or maybe Redhill[s] on his discharge papers his adress was given as Redhill[s] Co Cavan. I sent a letter and donation to St Brigids Parochial Centre requesting any info they may have mainly on my Grandmother Mary Kelly born 1882/83 and her parents Owen kelly and Ann Mcguire. the family were R/C. Like so many people with Irish connections I have come to a stop.

Hall/Swan
14-11-2008, 12:55 PM
He originally came from Annagh or maybe Redhill[s] on his discharge papers his adress was given as Redhill[s] Co Cavan. I sent a letter and donation to St Brigids Parochial Centre requesting any info they may have mainly on my Grandmother Mary Kelly born 1882/83 and her parents Owen kelly and Ann Mcguire. the family were R/C. Like so many people with Irish connections I have come to a stop.

Hope you requested a receipt for your donation!! At least that way they will have to answer you!|scold|

pejay
15-11-2008, 5:15 PM
Hi there Hall/Swan thanks for your message and webaddress which I have earmarked for future reference. Unfortunately it dos not help in my search for the elusive Owen Kelly, He was discharged from the 10th foot[later the Lincolnshire Regt] in 1882 and died in 1897. I do have some papers including discharge ones from TNA but the only addresses on them are Annagh -birthplace? and intended place of residence Redhills, Co Cavan. I did not think of a receipt for my donation, but the cheque has not been cashed - which makes me think could it be lost? or perhaps waiting in a huge pile somewhere to be dealt with. Perhaps the time has come to write to them again asking if they received my first letter |wave|

Hall/Swan
16-11-2008, 2:11 AM
|jumphappy|jumphappy....A church not banking cheques????????????? sorry, WRONG PLANET!!|jumphappy

There are plenty of Annaghs in Ireland the nearest one to Redhills would be in Co Leitrim, just a few miles away.

Very few Parishes have full time Secretaries if any, most of them can't be bothered to look at records, the bulk of the priests I know are very very busy...you might find him easier if you try the local Golf Course Bar/Restaurant!! That is no joke!!

Hall/Swan
16-11-2008, 2:44 AM
You only have some papers!.. Can you not get his enlistment record??

Surely this should be available and show next of kin etc!!

Have you the date he died in 1897?

I just checked for Annagh on the website I gave you, have you looked at it?

Click on "Parishes" and you get a map of the parishes, you see Annagh there!!

Click on Annagh! You get parish priests name, address and email!

It is near Belturbet! Miles from Redhills....... different email address too!

Hall/Swan
16-11-2008, 2:48 AM
Hi there Hall/Swan thanks for your message and webaddress which I have earmarked for future reference. Unfortunately it dos not help in my search for the elusive Owen Kelly, He was discharged from the 10th foot[later the Lincolnshire Regt] in 1882 and died in 1897. I do have some papers including discharge ones from TNA but the only addresses on them are Annagh -birthplace? and intended place of residence Redhills, Co Cavan. I did not think of a receipt for my donation, but the cheque has not been cashed - which makes me think could it be lost? or perhaps waiting in a huge pile somewhere to be dealt with. Perhaps the time has come to write to them again asking if they received my first letter |wave|

Yes it does help!! as per previous post...... I take it you didn't check it!

Hall/Swan
16-11-2008, 3:00 AM
The phone number FOR ANNAGH, Belturbet is also there 049 95XXXXX change it to 353 49 95XXXXX if calling from outside Ireland.

pejay
16-11-2008, 4:04 PM
Hello Hall/Swan many thanks for your replies, it is difficult to know exactly where he came from, the first paper I have is the 101st Cavan of militia when he was released with the proviso he join up with the 10th ft.
I then have a medical history which gives his birth place as Annagh Co Cavan, no next of kin though, and the next papers I have are proceedings on discharge which are Feb 1882, he gave his intended place of resisence as Redhills, which made me wonder if his family came from there. I drew a blank also with his pension no 94793 as the records do not go this far. After his discharge he & his family returned to Ireland sometime after 1882 where my Grandmother was born in 1883 but he was back in Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England by 1885 when his youngest son was born. He worked as a general labourer until his death in December 1897. I have this cert. I have never found a marriage cert for him or a birth cert for my grandmother. He left a wife & 8 children. mostly independent by then. All census details just give his place of birth as Ireland! so I have come to a brick wall, with a name like Kelly his wife was a Mcguire!! they are very common names to trace. I also wrote to the musuem of the Lincolnshire Regt. alas also - no reply |wave|

Hall/Swan
17-11-2008, 2:45 AM
Well no harm in phoning the number from the website some evening.

There can't be too many Owen Kellys born in Annagh parish in any given year!!
It's still a country parish.

Keep it simple! It shouldn't be that difficult. If you can get his baptism from the priest it will give parent's names....godparents too....then build on it from there.

What other options are there??

Don't forget..... Cavan is in Ulster!! Many records for these years will not be found in the Republic of Ireland anyway...so it's Parish records for you!

Can't make it any clearer.......The parish Priest will not look for all your family but would/might probably take the time to look up his baptism!!

If you get this he MIGHT consider looking up a follow up on his marriage if he got married there otherwise it is his wife's parish you'll need to find. Maybe she came from Redhills and they were going there??

pejay
17-11-2008, 4:45 PM
:)Hi there thanks for your reply, you are right what do I have to lose? like you say there must be a limit on how many Owen Kellys were born in 1840/41, perhaps it could be positive after all. |wave|

Hall/Swan
18-11-2008, 2:24 AM
It might be quite a common name in Ireland....but not in Annagh!!

Even 4 Owen Kellys every month in Annagh would be a lot!!

Probably only two or three in any year!!

You would be much better off phoning some evening about 8.30 as all masses etc would be over by then!

Go to website, click on Parishes and you get the map, look for Annagh click on it and you get the phone number!

Emails can be overlooked or maybe the Secretary doesn't use it much, that is why I say phone!!

If he married it would be at his wife's parish, but you should be able to get his parent's names, address, maybe school attended if in parish!! Then at least you will have a date to work from etc!!

pejay
18-11-2008, 8:25 PM
many thanks for your kind reply

pejay
18-11-2008, 8:56 PM
sorry forgot to ask which one? Rev PJ Corrigan CC or the very Rev Michael Cooke PP or does it not matter? |wave|

crisGloss
19-11-2008, 12:18 AM
not a census entry a discharge paper stating intended place of residence.will try and send again

Hi Pejay

In my opinion, sleuthing involves imagination as much as anything else. It is hard to imagine what it says when we don't really have the context. |scold|

Is it a medical or a military discharge; or both? Both the french and italian languages have contributed words ( riposte, riposta) which mean a swift response, return or answer.

Using some imagination, it could be that at discharge there is an immediate need for transport to somewhere, as a duty of the releasing party to return the discharged person to safety or comfort.

In such a context it may mean that "our response in terms of the necessary transport arrangements is here". In their code " ride ripost inside".

regards
Chris

Ps: I don't know what I am saying! I hasten to add I also write part-time for George Bush :D

crisGloss
19-11-2008, 12:42 AM
pejay

Ooops...Sorry. Missed the fact that there was more in the thread. Gotta stop doing t:oings too early in the eaaaaarrrlllly morning.. Just ignore my last post.

He who used to be Chris |oopsredfa

regards
Crissy poo

Hall/Swan
19-11-2008, 9:55 AM
Every little detail counts!!

You should get the record, put a sheet of paper over it then slide it down an inch or two at a time and actually study what is there!!

You can ring either of them and explain that you are looking for details of a baptism (date, parents names).....they won't have much work to do there....say you will follow up your call with an email so he can forward details!!

When you get that you can then email him back asking if he got married there...you need to do it bit by bit otherwise you might "scare" him off having to do a lot of research!!

Gentlee gentlee catchee monkee!!!

pejay
19-11-2008, 3:07 PM
Hello to both of you, thanks for your replies, I really hope I can finally get somewhere with this very elusive ancestor, who would be a g grandfather.
My Grandmother Mary Kelly the only sibling to be born in Ireland, I have her marriage and death certs [England]but have so far like Owen got very little from Ireland. I think it is knowing where to look for records. |wave|

Hall/Swan
20-11-2008, 12:18 AM
Well make sure you keep us updated!!

If you have her marriage cert does it give her date of birth??

pejay
22-11-2008, 6:01 PM
Hi there, no unfortunately she married 1911 and it just gives her age as 28 |wave|

pejay
16-12-2008, 7:57 PM
waiting for more information. Redhills records only go back to 1940's hoping to hear something further soon, |wave|

Hall/Swan
17-12-2008, 12:44 AM
Well, fingers crossed!!

Santa might bring something!!|biggrin||wave|

pejay
18-12-2008, 4:51 PM
thanks. Let's hope so :)

pejay
13-02-2009, 4:00 PM
just a quick update, santa didn't bring a surprise and I haven't heard anything else! looks like sooner or later I may have to make a trip to Ireland and try to find the records. I do keep trying various websites but nothing comes up, Perhaps my Grandmother who was born in Ireland wasn't registered at all. I checked the 1911 census, and once again it was Ireland for birth!

Hall/Swan
14-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Why do the records only go back to 1940??

v.wells
14-02-2009, 12:48 AM
just a quick update, santa didn't bring a surprise and I haven't heard anything else! looks like sooner or later I may have to make a trip to Ireland and try to find the records. I do keep trying various websites but nothing comes up, Perhaps my Grandmother who was born in Ireland wasn't registered at all. I checked the 1911 census, and once again it was Ireland for birth!

I hear that flights to Ireland are dirt cheap. Less than £50 :D At least that's what my sister told me!

Hall/Swan
14-02-2009, 12:53 AM
Is she trying to get rid of you???|jumphappy

v.wells
14-02-2009, 4:05 PM
Good Joke but my sis lives in England and she was telling me that my nephew had taken a weekend in Ireland to visit friends. And he is a struggling student! :D

pejay
14-02-2009, 5:39 PM
Hi I think I know where my next break will have to be,I am going to Durham next week, maybe I should be going to Ireland, I do not know why the records only go back to1940's |banghead| it was suggested I google Cavan Library and see what came up, but when I did I didn't find anything for family history,does anyonw know how common it would be not to register a birth in Ireland in 1882/1883, However I have now found they visited family in Bury Lancashire every year, but there must be millions of Kelly's in Bury so I do not think that lead will help me I am running out of thinking caps! as to what to do next,or whether to put them on a back burner for a while & come back to them later. thanks for all help/suggestions |wave|

Hall/Swan
16-02-2009, 12:41 AM
waiting for more information. Redhills records only go back to 1940's hoping to hear something further soon, |wave|

Did you phone them or who told you the records only go back to 1940?

Secondly, what happened to records before that? Were they lost? You will need to find out!!!|computer||book2||5cups||computer|

pejay
26-02-2009, 2:52 PM
some priest - I forget his name said they only went back to 1940 at Redhills, not sure why, will try to find out.

Aislin
26-02-2009, 3:06 PM
I found this website in my travels and thought I would pass it along

From Ireland Genealogy & Family History (http://www.from-ireland.net/gene/district.htm)

Hall/Swan
27-02-2009, 9:58 AM
some priest - I forget his name said they only went back to 1940 at Redhills, not sure why, will try to find out.Well there must be earlier records somewhere....They might even be in the safe! You need to find out one way or another if they exist...!

pejay
04-03-2009, 3:50 PM
sorry for the delay in replying, I have sent off a couple of emails requesting info, one to Redhills to see if there are any records - pre 1940 elsewhere, and a general one to Annagh re Owen Kelly. Hopefully I will hear something but I won't hold my breath, I am beginning to think more and more perhaps a visit to Ireland at some time in the future may be the best and perhaps the only way forward. Many thanks to all who have helped. I will update when I hear something |wave|

pejay
08-04-2010, 3:24 PM
Hello all - after months of banging my head I paid for some research to be done. Unfortunately it was all negative results, so the brick awll remains.
Still one day .....

Hall/Swan
08-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Sorry to hear that! Was driving through Cavan last week and saw sign for Redhill and was wondering how you got on.

Have you tried looking at 1911 census for any clues, the 1901 census will be online in summer.

If you just put in the Surname and the approx age you might come across something!

Only one Kelly in Redhill, a Mary Kelly, age 21 and only 1 Owen Kelly, age 40 in all of Co Cavan in 1911

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/ and just put in Kelly and Cavan, you MIGHT get somes clues. There were only 385 Kellys in Cavan, select 100 per page, then you'll see "Show All Information"

Something might click!

pejay
11-04-2010, 4:55 PM
hello and many thanks for your reply. I am not sure if there were any relatives left in Co Cavan for the census. If he had some siblings that I knew of it would help me. Owen died 1897 in England, I will certainly look though see if I can find anything I am sure he did marry and all my Grandmother's siblings were registered it is just a question of finding them. I did look on Griffiths valuation and found a Thomas Kelly at Killoughter, but no evidence to suggest he may in some way be connected. Certainly none of my Grandmother's siblings were called Thomas. how infuential was the 'naming system' that was sometimes used. It does not appear to have been followed with my english ancestors

Hall/Swan
11-04-2010, 11:33 PM
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Cavan/Butlersbridge/Annagh/320205/

seems to be the only possibility. Has anyone checked Annagh, Butlersbridge?

Could he be a sibling?

Forget about translating "vide" or "side" report inside... it's the report itself that matters rather than the translation. Is there an inside report to be had?

pejay
12-04-2010, 1:36 PM
Hello and thanks for the reply - no unfortunately no report to be had, I have never heard of Butlersbridge, it could be a possibility, if only I had a few more names to go on it would help, I guess any siblings would be around that age

Hall/Swan
12-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Well if he's from Annagh then that's were you look. Find the parents of this guy and see if yours is a brother or not. Even your researchers should have looked here as your chap only went to Redhill, he wasn't from Redhill.

pejay
13-04-2010, 3:47 PM
Hi, many thanks for replying - I am sorry at the risk of appearing totally stupid - how would I go about finding his parents? i really haven't a clue, do you think they would be in Griffith's valuation? and would I look for Butlersbridge? or Annagh I do not understand the townlands and parishes, they seem completely different to English Counties, perhaps I am just not used to them yet.

Hall/Swan
14-04-2010, 1:13 AM
Hi, many thanks for replying - I am sorry at the risk of appearing totally stupid - how would I go about finding his parents? i really haven't a clue, do you think they would be in Griffith's valuation? and would I look for Butlersbridge? or Annagh I do not understand the townlands and parishes, they seem completely different to English Counties, perhaps I am just not used to them yet.

Not stupid..Ireland doen't make things easy! Annagh would be a townland and in the parish of Butlersbridge. Your researchers SHOULD have looked here!

You would need to find out the father of this person on Census and then see if he had other children.

Now, to make things even worse..there are two Annagh townlands in Cavan but the other is in Kingscourt, other side of county, so this one would take priority. Griffiths won't really get you anything useful to connect anyone.

There's an email address here, maybe ask their advice on how to proceed? http://butlersbridgehistory.blogspot.com/2010/03/church-ruins-at-annagh.html

You already have a birth year for yours so they might be able to look him up, you can work out a year for person on census and they might be able to look him up too and see if he's sibling and possibly look for other siblings. With the census the age is often inaccurate so allow for this. Obviously, you'd be willing to make a contribution if they were able to find records...don't send anything beforehand!:smilewinkgrin: Keep your email simple, just names, approx dates, townland!

pejay
14-04-2010, 4:48 PM
Hello & thanks for reply. Yes I find Irish Genealogy very difficult, I have sent a simple and to the point email just now, they can only say no I guess, could you tell me what DED stands for ? I think it must be to do with Parishes but I'm not sure.

Hall/Swan
14-04-2010, 11:50 PM
You don't even need to go there!

You can have PLU's if you want them, along with your DED's, Baronies, Civil Parishes, Church Parishes then you'd be trying to compare apples with oranges, with grapefruit with grapes and end up with a nice cocktail of confusion!

It's an electoral division, some of mine living in Monaghan are in Cootehill E.D. Co Cavan...but in a PLU that bears no resemblence to their DED/Parish etc, a PLU is Poor Law Union and bears no resemblence to any county lines etc. They are basically different "red tape" areas marked out by various bodies to suit their needs.

Yours will be found in the parish registers so just stick with Annagh townland in Butlersbridge Parish, what DED they are in won't affect this. You have good info on the church in Annagh on that site, so hopefully they should have records.

I do research for people but mainly in Monaghan and know quite a few people to ask something like this and they would give me a name of someone to ask etc and it's reasonably straight forward and very reasonable, for me to go there and try to check for him for you would be expensive, so you need to try and find him this way. If you can't.. then try and find someone locally who would know who to talk to and there may even be Kellys still there to call on, or post to various boards. I wouldn't know anything like this in your case.

I was in Fermanagh yesterday doing research for someone else, got talking to a woman in the g/yard and her daughter is married to a distant cousin of mine that I didn't even know of!

You can't beat local knowledge and it's much cheaper, often very imformative on their personality etc and not just a date on a piece of paper. Wait and see if you get a reply and if not then there's a very good trick worth trying!

Later....

pejay
17-04-2010, 4:52 PM
I have had a reply from a person Called Padriac they have access to the newspaper archives and If I sent a little bit more info he would do a check, so far nothing has come up for an Owen Kelly , but fingers crossed ...... it is certainly worth a try.

pejay
02-05-2010, 2:29 PM
Hi, oh dear sad to say no joy - nothing of any note on an Owen Kelly, I suspect he will be forever an enigma!!

Hall/Swan
03-05-2010, 7:44 AM
There's nothing in the newspaper. Did he look at church records? Did whoever you paid look in church records? Someone needs to look in church records for where he was born.

pejay
03-05-2010, 2:41 PM
Hello, no he didn't look in church records, he had access to newspapers only, the genealogy researchers apparently looked at births for my Grandmother Mary Kelly 1882/83 at the GRO and marriage records for Owen Kelly,possibly about 1873/4. Also found no evidence of any births for Owen in Annagh. [or anywhere else for that matter]. Do you think I should contact Cavan research centre? see if they can suggest anything, I did look at Griffiths valuation and found a Thomas Kelly at Killoughter in Annagh, not sure where this is, some research I looked at said this was the Catholic part of Annagh but I really do notk now and have found nothing for Killoughter. or any further names.

McGene
25-01-2017, 12:54 PM
Without date of document and/or context the challenge is increased. What I see is Latin (vide reportium; meaning 'see' or refer to (the) report .