PDA

View Full Version : A search for the EVANS

Roger47
15-06-2008, 12:29 PM
That is to say a specific Evans WILLIAM EDWARD EVANS born 22 March 1901
At 54 Broad street Ratcliff Stepney East London

He was the Illegitimate son of Margaretta Maud Evans all I know of him is that he had a brother David Thomas Daniels Evans ( also illegitimate ) born 8 July 1898 at 16 Beckway Street Walworth London he died age 19 in bombing raid on London

All I know of William Evans is that he married in the 1920s and I am told he died only a few years into that marriage
Searching for an Evans in London is little better than looking for one in Wales and so far I have had no luck

So it's a case of EVAN's HELP US! |help|

Thanks Roger 47

Charles Rignall
15-06-2008, 7:17 PM
David Thomas Daniels Evans ( also illegitimate ) born 8 July 1898 at 16 Beckway Street Walworth London he died age 19 in bombing raid on London

OK, so that was a Zeppelin raid in WWI. He was 19, so his brother would have been three years younger, or 16. So maybe if you knew where the Zeppelin raid was, you MIGHT have the neighborhood they were living in - assuming the two brothers were together. There is a book which lists various Zeppelin raids which I have somewhere here, and I could look and see if it has any information about raids in 1917.

You could also look at the newspapers dating from the suspect raid and see if there was any information. There might also be something at the National Archives, though who knows where to look.

That might be a start.

Charles Rignall
15-06-2008, 7:19 PM
Actually that could have been a Gotha bomber raid. Must avoid errors like that.