PDA

View Full Version : George Lloyd Birth / Baptism Draly ?

SloopJB
09-06-2008, 11:00 PM
George Lloyd is listed in 1851 census age indistinct maybe Fortysomething ?

Birthplace is Herefordshire, but place is unknown to me appears to be Draly ?

Wife Susan Lloyd is aged 28, they are living on Lidgemoor Common.

George appears to have died 28 Nov 1853 in Kings Pyon aged 43.

This means his birth was approx. 1810.

Please can anyone advise re his birth, baptism and / or parents ?

Thanks, SloopJB. :)

Jan1954
10-06-2008, 9:16 AM
Hi there,

Do you have the census reference for 1851, please?

janbooth
10-06-2008, 9:18 AM
Sloop,

It looks more like Dedley to me, but I still can't find a parish in Herefordshire remotely like that. Could it be a small hamlet in Weobley itself? There is an extracted baptism on the IGI of a George LLOYD on 8 October 1809 at Weobley, parents William & Mary and your George does seem to have lived round the Weobley area. Perhaps someone with local knowledge of Herefordshire on the Forum will be able to help you more.

Good luck

Janet

Peter Goodey
10-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Please can anyone advise re his birth, baptism and / or parents ?

You need some birth certificates of the children. There are several possibilities:

Births Mar 1841
Lloyd Sarah Weobley 26 223

Births Sep 1843
Lloyd James Weobley 26 220

Births Dec 1846
Lloyd William Weobley 26 252

Among other things, a birth certificate will provide the mother's maiden name. This in turn will allow you to search for the marriage which may turn out to be...

Marriages Sep 1840
LLOYD George Weobly 26 267
ROSS Susan Weobley 26 267

The marriage certificate will provide the names of the bride's and groom's fathers.

Jan1954
10-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Birthplace is Herefordshire, but place is unknown to me appears to be Draly ?

From GENUKI:

WEOBLEY UNION: The Union comprises the following Parishes:-Almeley, Birley, Bishopstone, Blakemere, Bridge Solers, Brinsop, Brobury, Byford, Canon Pyon, Dilwyn, Eardisland, King's Pyon, Kinnersley, Letton, Mansell Gamage; Mansell Lacy, Moccas, Monnington-upon-Wye, Norton Canon, Preston-upon-Wye, Sarnesfield, Staunton-upon-Wye, Stretford, Weobley, Wormsley, and Yazor

Could the birthplace be either of the 2 that are in bold?

SloopJB
11-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Thanks to all that have replied.

Janet the Baptism in Weobley seems likely as when I visited I was told the Lloyds were a local family, they were all related and had lived in the Kings Pyon / Weobley area for centuries.

I spoke to a man who was restoring his house which had been in the family for over two hundred years and at one time a Lloyd was joint owner. Two families in one small cottage.

In answer to the question the census is for 1851, Lidgemoor Common, Kings Pyon, building 37. page 347 in top far right corner and 12 at top centre.

Send me a private message if you want a copy of the page.

I will have a look at Dilwyn and Birley. Of the two I think Birley is most likely.
It is not Weobley as this is clear written in entries below. It is in Herefordshire as it is the top entry and there are ditto marks for K P and Weobley below.

It is possible the family were temporarily living outside Weobley but returned to have Geroge baptised.

I will let you all know if I make any further progress.

Thank you, SloopJB :)